Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car Hire Vancouver
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

We’re going to be a hiring a car from Vancouver Airport for three weeks in 2019 and we’re just wondering if anybody had any top tips or companies to avoid?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Skip Thrifty as they do the sell you the tank scam.
    Rest seemed to be open way later than the advertised times too

ebygomm
    Free Member

Have you got flights already? Always found it far cheaper to buy car rental as part of a package with flights than doing anything separately.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also used these
    http://www.rentalcars.com
    checked the rate with the direct version (and yes the prepaid fuel was in the small print I skipped over)
    Terminal ones all share the same bit of car park office. Get your directions/nav sorted to get out of there before you leave though as I managed to miss a turn and started heading back towards the US….

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nope flights aren’t sorted yet, may look into that but we have to wait until the 12 month period to book the flights whereas car hire can be booked a bit sooner.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Worth signing up for something like Hertz Gold
    https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/emember/rewards-overview/loyalty-free-travel-program
    Makes the whole thing a lot esier

kilo

Check there isn’t limited mileage included in the quote, we’ve had this in the past and not noticed when booking

john_drummer
    Free Member

I booked a Ford Escape (Kuga) “or equivalent “ as that was what I had at home at the time; when I got to the Alamo desk I ended up with a Jeep Wrangler. Which my mother could hardly get into so we had to buy a “caravan step” to help her get into the car. I got about 650km out of a tankful of unleaded. Wallowy ride & vague steering but it was comfortable. Got the ‘buy our insurance or pay the thousand dollar excess now” hard sell as per usual

bluebird
    Free Member

We normally use Enterprise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car Hire Vancouver’ is closed to new replies.