Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car hire or taxi in Spain for just 4 days
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

The wife and I are off to stay with friends in La Manga for 4 days. We’re having to fly into Alicante (1hr by car) but coming back from Murcia(25 mins by car).
    Taxi both ways will cost about £150 and rental seems to be about £110 for the 4 days inc surcharge for leaving the car at Murcia.
    I’ve not rented a car in many years and have read stories about fuel charges and insurance waivers or something so I’m guessing that the £110 quoted is not what I’ll actually pay.
    As we will not be using the car other than getting from and to airports is it worth the hassle of renting for 4 days or should I just taxi up and be done with it?

wilburt
    Free Member

Extra insurance could be £20/30 a tank of fuel £50, depends if you’ll use it other than the transfer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Taxi, generally stress free. Is there a private transfer option? they sometimes come out cheaper for pre booked long distance stuff

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

we did a prebooked private transfer thing for an hours drive will tell you how we get on when we get back 😀

reviews seemed positive.

Cost 11 quid each.

ebennett

We hired a car when we went to Italy recently through easycar as they were about £100 less than the main companies. Was fully expecting to get the insurance hard sell or get billed for some ‘damage’ to the car, but had zero problems with the actual rental company (ecovia). Would definitely use them again, though I’d imagine it really depends on the end company. We were using the car for travel during the week, so if you need to do that then renting might make sense. If you’ve got transport anyway then it’s probably less stressful to just get a taxi both ways for the sake of 30-40 quid.

scaled
    Free Member

A2b transfers have always been good for me. All prebooked and prepaid so no need to faff about with a load of cash at the airport

sharkbait
    Free Member

A2b transfers have always been good for me.

Their quote is almost double the prices I’ve had from Spanish companies!
    I think taxi is the way forward, virtually no saving with a rental car in these circumstances.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Train?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car hire or taxi in Spain for just 4 days’ is closed to new replies.