Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Car hire + extras in Faro
  • mtbeatle
    Free Member

I am currently trying to find a car hire deal without feeling ripped off. We are going to Faro for a week in April with our two young children.

Do you know of any good car hire companies which don’t charge an extra £25 per childs seat and about £20 for an additional ?

Thanks

Craig

petec
    Free Member

when we used to fly with the kids were young, it was a lot cheaper to get a couple of seats from Argos – planes will transport them free of charge, over and above the luggage allowance. They’ll even let you take them hand luggage.

They’ll be better quality than an old hire company one as well. Either leave them or bring them back and use them as a spare.

Last time we went to Portugal (albeit Lisbon) we used Enjoy, and eventually got a car from EPI through them. Got upgraded to a brand new Focus Estate, having paid for the level below.

Very relaxed – no complaints at all, and would use them again. There’s still a lot dirt tracks away from the main roads, so you don’t want a firm that’ll charge you for every stone chip

theotherjonv

No advice other than don’t use Goldcar. Bunch of hard sell shiesters (sp?)

bruneep

long since I’ve been in Faro, be very careful where you leave your car, I’m sure I parked in an official bay. It was a well known to uplift cars on a friday and take to compound leading to a rather stressful Sat am trying to get car back prior to departure and paying a rather hefty release fee. Rep said it was a common occurrence that tow companies would target hire cars. This may have stopped now tho

geoffj

We’ve been for our summer holidays for the past 3 years. The budget car hire companies operate from a portacabin in one of the car parks. We used Atlas Choice last year and I had a load of fraudulent transactions made on my credit card in the days after picking up the car. I’m 99% sure it was them – they get you to sign a paper copy of a credit card imprint. I’ll be using one of the bog boys (Sixt, Hertz, Avis etc., to try to avoid it next time.
    It’s worth paying for the toll transponder as there are no payment booths between Faro and Lagos heading west on the motorway.

chief1409
    Free Member

Try LUZCAR. Price you see is price you pay, any driver, full excess waiver, any number of car seats etc. Used them before and booked to use them again this summer after checking recent reviews that show they are still as good as ever.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Car hire + extras in Faro’ is closed to new replies.