Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car hire excess insurance – any recommendations?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Need to buy car hire excess insurance for a trip to Spain. I’ve used Questor before which is £45 for 17 days and seems to have gone up a fair bit from last year.

Any other recommendations? Thanks.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Not done it myself, so no recommendations. But I know moneysavingexpert did have a list. Might be worth checking out.

smurf
    Free Member

Definately check out moneysavingexpert.

Loads of info and links – some with discounts

leffeboy

Just how mental is it when you need insurance on you insurance 🙁

votchy
    Free Member

have used insurance4carhire in the past £39.99 for 12 month policy for Europe and 25% cashback if you use quidco 😀

Caher

Been using carhireexcess for 3 years now, seem ok. Not sure if I had to use them though.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I have been using these guys for 3 years
    Questor
    They are part of the Thomas Cook Group and do an annual European policy for £40. The level of cover far exceeds anything offered by the car hire companies and as I was recently offered a policy by Avis for 22 euros a day, the price is very good.
    You only find out how good your great deal insurance is when you have to make a claim. I was in that position recently and everything was dealt with by email. The only hold up being Europcar who were slow to respond with a repair invoice.
    The reason for their tardy response was that they had charged me the full £1000 excess but the repair bill was less than £600. Questor got me a refund from Europcar and settled the outstanding amount. Obviously this saved Questor a chunk of cash but underlined the fact that car hire companies are now forced to try and claw back as much as they can if they want to come near the top on price comparison sites.
    Never buy excess cover from a car hire company. Never buy a tank of fuel from a car hire company. Always check your car before leaving the collection point. Always take pictures when you return the car.
    I have absolutely no links to Questor other than being an extremely satisfied customer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car hire excess insurance – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.