Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Car help – Mondeo or Berlingo?
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I’ve had my berlingo for close on 10 yrs now and as a car for going biking, it is perfect. However it’s not exactly ‘solid’ when it comes to build. The interior plastics mark easily and the external panels are made of tinfoil and can dent with the displaced air of a passing jack russell.

Something the OP should consider when leasing a car for 3 yrs is ‘fair wear and tear’ and rectification costs at hand back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“You’re still going to have to transport bikes externally with the Berlingo, and although there appears to be more height to the Berlingo’s boot, what real world use is that going to provide”

Why ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

My bike goes straight in the back with the split small rear seat folded down. For two bikes, I take off the front wheels, for 3 bikes take off both wheels.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Eh? Mk2 Berlingo, 2/3 rear seats down, 3 bikes fully assembled. Ready to ride, with 3 riders seated.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

ive got the modutop, it’s a bit of a faff trying to manoeuvre bars and pedals. Easier to take wheels off for me.

allfankledup

How many miles do you drive per annum ?

We recently sold our Peugeot partner ( same as a berlingo) – it was great for transporting the family. We moved on to a vw t5 transporter. This carries all of our bikes (5) fully assembled…

If you are doing big commutes/ spending significant time in the motorway at high speed then I would consider how well either motor crashes/travels…..our Peugeot van was a 1.9d – on long journeys it was like being inside a baked bean tin and I would want to have crashed in it…

steveh

If you go for a berlingo avoid the 1.6 diesel as there are far too many horror stories of turbo problems. Don’t assume a new/recent turbo is the answer either as unless a very long process is followed they can break again very quickly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Allfankledup – seem the outcome of a crash on the motorway at 70 on the way to dunfries – the wee van actually held up very well after rolling down the road – how ever it made me think about securing our bikes better in the back …..

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Car help – Mondeo or Berlingo?’ is closed to new replies.