Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Car headlight bulb advice please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

The impreza’s head light bulbs on dip are now similar to a pair of bloody candles! Can you get better bulbs other than standard replacements??

properbikeco
    Free Member

buy some philips +50% or +80% lamps

around £15 on that auction website – makes no end of difference

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are they liable to melt the bumper??

Offroading
    Free Member

The important thing is why are they dim ? is the lense filthy inside ? Fitting super bright bulbs to a headlight with a filthy lense scatters the light beam which blinds other drives and fails an MOT

if the lense is clean and its just crap bulbs a HID kit would be a good option only if its a projector headlight though.

nealglover
    Free Member

On my T4 I fitted an additional wiring loom. This improves the power available at the bulbs as a lot of VW models suffer from dim lights as standard.

Might be worth looking on Scoobynet to see if a similar add on is available for yours.

I also upgraded my Bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker+ and the difference is incredible from what it used to be like.

(And before anyone comments, they are not illegal or dangerous, they are just as they should be from the factory, but weren’t due to bad design.)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Philips xtreme bulbs, best available by far

popstar
    Free Member

If halogen lamps then Phillips extra or Osram nightbrakers. eBay HID kits don’t necesserily output more lumens in standard halogen projectors, so improved aftermarket halogen lamps would be better quality upgrade and cheaper. If one wants proper HID kit, then get quality one and don’t forget to change to HID projectors too.

Northwind

I’ve used Osram Nightbreakers in most vehicles I’ve had, others are available that are probably just as good though.

Worth checking with owners’ forums to see if there’s preferred options. Also, to check if it’s possible to change the bulbs in your car without having to cut off a finger and dislocate your wrist.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What Impreza? Later scoobies have plastic lenses that can easily be titivated with wet and dry and Meguiars Plast-X

popstar
    Free Member

Easiest available quality perfomance bulb would be Philips. Osram nightbrakers emit less lumens but if you find Osram night breaker rallye model, grab with both hands. They are rare and expensive, and the bestest halogen bulb on the market. If not, just get Phillips, decent price and guaranteed perfomance.

popstar
    Free Member

Polishing / cleaning your headlights with 3M might be beneficial too.

Fitted Philips Extreme to my Navara – noticeably brighter and whiter light

footflaps

I fitted Philips Vision Plus to my Golf and they made a huge difference and lasted over 10 years / 120k miles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Car headlight bulb advice please.’ is closed to new replies.