Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • car has died well sort off
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

I have spent £3469 in the last two years on my 54 focus cmax tdci vetec. New everything virtually, final straw turbo pipe has broken and quoted £500 to repair as it is massive labour due to it being so inaccessible.
    I now need a new car on lease or hp, anyone found any good deals, looking for cheap hatchback, 15k miles annually, around £100-140 per month.

very urgent as have no car.

garage-dweller

Need to get out there and talk to some dealers but first instinct is that’s not going to stack up unless you have a big deposit. £1800 a year in payments for a new family size car at 15k pa.

Inbred456
    Free Member

You’ll need to add 100 quid a month to that figure at least to get anything decent and you can forget leasing at that price and doing 15k a year. By the way it took me an hour to change the turbo pipe on my mondeo tdci , the pipe was about 60 quid from my local ford dealer. 500 quid seems very steep to me. Sounds like they have used you as a bit of a cash cow over the last two yrs.

sbob
    Free Member

I now need a new car on lease or hp

You don’t, you just need a car that you can afford.
    I’m happy with my old Micra, which costs a lot less than £140 a month… 💡

j40aja
    Free Member

I’d spend the cash and get it repaired then trade it in for something newer/more reliable.
    Might be worth getting quotes from other garages as that seems expensive, my XC70 D5 needed a turbo pipe (complicated engine with very inaccessible parts) just before Christmas and it wasn’t anywhere near that price!

heresjonny
    Free Member

Okay will try another few garages, but just don’t know what else is likely to wrong and don’t want to keep flogging a dead car. Thanks for info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘car has died well sort off’ is closed to new replies.