Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car finance advice
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

So I’ve been sent abroad for work for 3 years and have a car that’s coming to the end of its PCP agreement which I’d like to get rid of. It has a small dent at the front from someone reversing in to it and scuffs to 2 alloys.

Has anyone had any experience of handing the car back and how much they deduct for minor damage? Is it worth me getting it repaired and handing it back, letting them deduct value for the damage or trying to flog it to one of the big online car buying companies? I need to be able to get it sold in a couple of days as I can’t spend too long away from work at the moment.

Ta

Sorry wrong forum!

richinbish
    Free Member

What make car , my other half just handed her Citroen back and they’ve tried to charge her £800 , about £100 an alloy , a small dent and they claim wear and tear to a seat , when she originally took it back to Citroen to look at part exing it they we’re happy with it .

dave661350

May make sense to price up the work you suspect it may need and then decide based on what they say when you take it in ?
    (if it were me, I’d leave them no room to manouevre so would attend to obvious issues)

tod456
    Free Member

Call up your finance company and ask what the charges will be, they should have a fixed matrix of costs, mention the BVRLA fair wear and fear guide 😉
    Then ask for a purchase price, and compair to webuyamyoldshit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car finance advice’ is closed to new replies.