Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car exhausts
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

I need a new middle section and back box for my vectra.

Kwik Fit quoted £250 which is crazy compared to previous times I’ve had this done.

Looking underneath, it looks like a pretty simple job, assuming I can get new mounts etc. anyone fitted a exhaust to their car? Was it straight forward and where did you get the parts?

Thanks

michaelbowden

any decent motor factor will get one for you. But fitting it lying on your back will be a pain in the ‘arris

tinsy
    Free Member

Fitting exhausts was one of the first motoring DIY jobs I ditched. Shop around & pay someone else.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Go to your nearest Powerflow dealer and have a stainless steel pipe custom made to fit the car, much cheaper and a lifetime warranty.

nickjb
    Free Member

A lot depends on the car. I had one that needed to be inserted at 45deg to the floorpan which meant the car had to be on a ramp. Sometimes they stick themselves together pretty well, too. Done it a few times and it’s generally been OK as long you don’t need to touch the manifold, the bolts at then end can be problematic.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Cheers guys, another quite came in much cheaper

chewkw
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member

Go to your nearest Powerflow dealer and have a stainless steel pipe custom made to fit the car, much cheaper and a lifetime warranty.

Good info.

Will give them a try next time.

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

powerflow got a better rep these days ? when i were a youngster they were the purveyour of cheap stainless exhausts that like to split when hot and cooled quickly by puddles 😉

globalti
    Free Member

When fitting exhausts on old cars the first thing you’ll need will be an angle grander to get the old one off.

Cougar

When fitting exhausts on old cars the first thing you’ll need will be an angle grander to get the old one off.

My experience is entirely the opposite. On my first car, the first step in fitting a new exhaust was to reverse fifty yards back up the road to retrieve the old one.

breadcrumb

Most Powerflow franchises are a bit ropey at best. Crush bent tubes do not help exhaust flow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car exhausts’ is closed to new replies.