• This topic has 168 replies, 97 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Car Envy.
  • Kryton57

My boss rocked up in a new black S5 today and showed me around it. It looks very nice. 😕 As a result my car felt like a neglected Lada to drive home.

Sigh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This isn’t going to go well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What’s an S 5 ?

carlos
    Free Member

Mmm, not car envy but after attending a recent demo day and ragging round a 5010, Bronson and Nomad my 6.5 year old Heckler felt very very outdated and meh!!! Now I love my bike to bits but …. well it’s days are numbered 🙁

Kryton57

bikebouy – Member
    What’s an S 5 ?

Supercharged V6 333bhp 4WD Auto/paddle, all the toys

fifeandy
    Free Member

You’ll not fit your muddy XC bike in the back of an S5

plyphon
    Free Member

It’s alright you can sleep at night knowing one day someone will pull up alongside him in an RS5. Or and RS4. Or even an RS3. That’s the car he should of bought.

maxtorque

Coming badly parked to a supermarket carpark near you soon……. 😉

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Bikes I can understand but cars… I work on them all day, plus I dislike driving plus my pal has RR wrath/Aston DB9 v12 and a Lamborghini huracan and I could lend any of them but never bother… Genuinely not interested in the slightest.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah, I see.

Ok from the front, but the rear always reminds me of an old mans Jaaaaag.

A lease on that must be <£600pcm, so in reach?

Also, whilst a nice place to be, the first muddy tyre splat in the back and you’d end up cleaning that all weekend instead of riding.
    Oh, is it a hatch? Useless otherwise.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What ever happened to your anti-consumerism bent of a while ago OP?

Didn’t you also post one about not liking your job? The one that pays for all the stuff?

njee20
    Free Member

You’ll not fit your muddy XC bike in the back of an S5

Yes you will. Seats go flat and although shallow it’s a big boot. I really wanted an A5, but none of the models really appeal these days. S5 is just a bit too expensive. Love the styling personally though.

aracer
    Free Member

HTH

Edukator
    Free Member

You know you want to.

DT78
    Free Member

Well. I sat in an i8 today.

jam-bo

I sat in an RS6 today, wishing I was in the Tesla in front of us.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just checked, lease pcp £434, business £362.

Bargain.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I got the bus 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Car envy

Even if I got such a thing, I’d be far too embarrassed to tell anybody!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can (just) see appeal of this, mainly because it’s a) an estate & b) it’s orange.

Kryton57

bikebouy – Member
    Just checked, lease pcp £434, business £362.

He used `freedom finance lease, got them to match the business number – £338.

cynic-al – Member
    What ever happened to your anti-consumerism bent of a while ago OP?

Didn’t you also post one about not liking your job? The one that pays for all the stuff?

Not anti consumerism so much, but mindfulness, slightly different. Don’t worry, I’m not fretting enough to jump out and buy one, but I know a nice object when I see one.

Re the job, I started a new job in January and have been extremely busy / happy with it until the recent realisation / activity of men not making my H1 number kicked in. I’m pretty miserable about it but I know I can’t take my foot off the gas as things could change in the next 6 months. I’m not quite early years Chris Gardner yet.

I can (just) see appeal of this

RS4/6 is my dream everyday/bike car.

Northwind

Had a go in a colleague’s wee BMW last night, an M135i… Good fun but not as nice a place to sit as my scabby mondeo and no room for bikes, she’s welcome to it.

Thing about cars for me is rightness. I’d love a spec b legacy estate, or a rusty vauxhall viva or magnum and a garage, and I wouldn’t say no to a less shagged mondingo but as far as fitness for purpose goes a scabby disposable mondeo is pretty ideal for me.

matt_outandabout

I just want a clean one.

SaxonRider

my car felt like a neglected Lada to drive home.

And this is a bad thing?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maLZTitpIr0[/video]

8)

wobbliscott
    Free Member

And some people worry about being over-biked. The problem with a nice Audi like that is that it is so big, plush, comfy and detached from the road you have to be going at serious speed to get any sort of thrill out of it. But then again I am becoming an old fart. 10 years ago i’d probably have been drooling over it myself.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Glad the jobs going well, your riding (so you’ve posted) is too.

Pretty good half year all in then.

bearnecessities

I got a cheeky smile from a nice lass in an S1 this morning, so Audis are fine by me 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

It will have a door opened on it soon enough. I will never spend 5 figures on a car ever again because other people just don’t give a **** about them.

Kryton57

Pretty good half year all in then

Lol! Hold on though bikebouy: Under my number = no commission. Biking = ok theres a lot of people worse off, but I’ve a lack of riding the and my results aren’t better than 2015.

So, too much work, not enough biking and basic salary only. Be a long while before the RS4 makes an appearance in my garage. 🙂 ah **** it, who needs more than a beer and a pizza eh?!

hora
    Free Member

Paid in cash or leased?

I was chatting to a bloke about his nearly new Porsche Cayenne a few weeks ago and asked him about its economy etc and he told me it was a lease car and costing him £650 a month and he was struggling a bit. Apparently alot of posh cars in Manchester are leased by people stretching themselves etc to get into one.

I don’t see the appeal. Family members will know you live at home/in rented accommodation or your lying to them and total strangers don’t know you from Adam or eve. Bizarre.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, no worse than 2015 then 😐

Beer and pizza, food of the Gods 😉

mattyfez

Yeh I’ve had hot hatches and luxo barges, now just an econo·Box… cars are just tools to do a job to me now, the appeal of a fancy car just isn’t there for me, especially at £650 per month!

If I was earning 50k a year id probably be swanning around in a jag, just because..but then would I?, id probably invest the money and drive something cheaper, thinking about it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Car Envy is a game not worth playing IMO.

Not a bad price though, just don’t think I could get on with the poor handling of an Audi

fifeandy
    Free Member

Isn’t an RS4 pretty much everyones dream every day car?
    There’s other things on the shopping list first though, like a double garage for the n+1 bikes, and a dedicated turbo pain cave.

wrightyson
    Free Member

How much deposit did he pay. I’m guessing several grand.

mattyfez

I’ve read that r spec audis have fairly crippling service and maintenance costs, im not sure you could describe them as an every day car!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

My boss rocked up in a new black S5 today and showed me around it. It looks very nice. As a result my car felt like a neglected Lada to drive home.

I’d have waited for the face lift version rather than getting a cheaper end of season model. Who’ll be envious when that comes out?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yup thats a lot of car for £45k, quattro too

I’ve a friend just ordered a Q7 which is £60+ that I thought was a bit nuts. Audi you can get 10% p+ off at the moment

eth3er
    Free Member

Don’t bosses get stupid spendy just before the business tanks? I’m sure I read that somewhere, polish that C.V.

TheFlyingOx

The only new car owner I envy is whoever it is I see cruising about the local town in his deep red Tesla Model S. Such a nice looking car, and peanuts to run (which probably balances out the astronomical purchase price).

Apart from that, I find it sheer lunacy to fork out what some folk do on new cars when there’s almost always an equivalent available on the 2nd hand market.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Car Envy.’ is closed to new replies.