Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • car dealers and consumer rights in the real world.
  • jam-bo

Bought an A3 Tdi 4 months ago for £6k from an establised dealer (trades from a portacabin on a car lot). Its starting to show signs of the dual mass flywheel causing problems (vibrations under load at 2-2500rpm)

He supplied the car with a 12 month warranty from Customer Protect, which after ringing around a few garages today doesnt seem to be worth the paper its written on as they are all refusing to take on the work.

Planning on going back to the dealer on saturday to see what he says, I know what the law says. i’ve been reading it. Interested in real world experiences.

peterwp
    Free Member

Good luck………..

peterwp
    Free Member

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/
    You are well within 6 month limit so print it out and demand your money back or car repaired.

madhouse

What age / mileage is the car? was £6k a fair price? and are you sure it’s the flywheel? have you got a professional to look at it or are you looking on VAG forums? there’s a lot going on in the general clutch/flywheel/gearbox region so it’d be worth getting your ducks in a row before you throw it back at the dealer with bits of legal jargon you printed off the internet.

Also have you spoken to the warranty company? they’ll have a list of garages they work with. May be daft but have you spoken to VW too? it could be on a recall list and they’re waiting to do it for you.

Come to think of it, have you spoken to the dealer? it’s much better to speak to them direct and say what your issue is politely, safe in the knowledge that you’ve got the SoGA to back you up if he tells you to sod off.

Marko

. . . as they are all refusing to take on the work.

Only a few Garages will want to deal with this. Trouble is it’s generally only the poor ones who bother getting involved with third party warranty companies. The Garage ends up between the proverbial rock and a hard place.
    Maximum claims on policy, you having to pay the balance, Garage chasing warranty company for payment. I just used to tell my customers to let the supplying dealer sort it out. They sold you the policy after all.

There are exceptions of course.

Hth
    Marko

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘car dealers and consumer rights in the real world.’ is closed to new replies.