Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Car dealer. Disorganised or flogged the car I put a deposit down on?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

….and now the battery is flat, interior inside mouldy…..becoming a bit of a nightmare. Just pester, he will sort it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Any update?

bruneep

Obviously not.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Apparently so.

bruneep

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Maybe the OP picked the phone up, spoke to a human, and realised that his big strop after doing nothing for 12 m onths was a bit out of proportion?

Maybe.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I guess we’ll never know…

jamj1974

Totally OT. Keep the Cookie Monster GIFs coming. I love Cookie Monster.

nickjb
    Free Member

Totally OT. Keep the Cookie Monster GIFs coming. I love Cookie Monster.

Not a gif, but I liked it:

jamj1974

That’s still good!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Leku
    Free Member

Nickjb – Is that the new Top Gear?

wwaswas

M6TTF
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

jamj1974

Thanks for the Cookie Monsters!

benz
    Free Member

Well, I did get a response to an email late last week. I’ll not go into the details but was advised a situation update would be given over the weekend. Nothing received yesterday so I responded to the email last night asking for the update. No response.

Now it may well be that this poor chap has some serious issues to deal with at the moment, but I will try another call tomorrow.

The suggestions to use another ‘phone, etc may have their place but why should I actually have to use such tactics – should be no need for this.

The email communication is handy as at least there is a documented record for reference. There are plenty of them too.

£1,250 is a notable sum for me.

If no response to my calls tomorrow then the appropriate letter will be sent by the appropriate postal method.

benz
    Free Member

To clarify, for those who think I have done nothing for a year, note above where I state there have been regular communications to/from with many along the lines of “I’d like to get the car picked up in X weeks. Is this doable?” “Yes, that should be doable”.

Next instalment tomorrow.

scotroutes

Next instalment tomorrow.

Another £1,250?

bruneep

benz
    Free Member

Ho Ho
    😆

Any Facebook users here?

Let’s assume that someone uses a Facebook page to publicise their business. Said Facebook page has many comments.

Due to communication issues using other means, someone else asked said Facebook page owner to contact them by commenting on said Facebook page. Would it be normal for said Facebook page owner to delete such a simple question? Interestingly enough after this question on Facebook, there was the email response advising situation update would be provided over the weekend, which has not yet been received.

I know that IT issues may impact ability to respond to and send emails, but if one can update a Facebook page using a ‘phone then one might imagine that emails or a simple call back might be feasible using same ‘phone?

LeeW

Think it’s time to stop faffing and go see him.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Very odd situation.

weeksy

LeeW – Member

Think it’s time to stop faffing and go see him.

It was that time about 8 months back… it’s now REALLY REALLY that time.,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any Facebook users here?

Let’s assume that someone uses a Facebook page to publicise their business. Said Facebook page has many comments.

Due to communication issues using other means, someone else asked said Facebook page owner to contact them by commenting on said Facebook page. Would it be normal for said Facebook page owner to delete such a simple question? Interestingly enough after this question on Facebook, there was the email response advising situation update would be provided over the weekend, which has not yet been received.

I know that IT issues may impact ability to respond to and send emails, but if one can update a Facebook page using a ‘phone then one might imagine that emails or a simple call back might be feasible using same ‘phone?

Got a phone?
    Call him.
    If he is blocking your number use a different phone.
    If that doesn’t work go and see him.
    Or kiss goodbye to the deposit.

senorj

I’ll put a pound on a charge of £1250 for storing the vehicle for 8 months. 🙁
    Hope you get it back.

thecaptain
    Free Member

He’s sold it and is hoping to fob you off long enough to source an alternative.

FuzzyWuzzy

I don’t get the hostility towards the OP either, I think some just skim read and think “he paid a deposit for a car a year ago, didn’t bother collecting it and now wonders why the dealer might have sold it” but that’s clearly not the case here. As he mentions it was for a summer round around car so not something he needed urgently + it sounds like the dealer was happy with the relaxed arrangement (inc. doing some mods) and doesn’t seem to have demanded the car be paid for and collected else he’d sell it. So yeah if I were the OP I’d start to get pissy if the dealer stopped responding to comms but hopefully it all works out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t get the hostility towards the OP either,

I wouldn’t say hostility just there are 1 or 2 things he can do (phone or drive there) that would resolve it. He doesn’t seem to want to do either so not much more to be done.

matt_outandabout

I personally would be doing the call from a new number, followed by a visit in person to ask for car or monies. Today for call, or at worst Saturday 9am at dealer for visit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Benz, seriously.

I’d say 80% (if not more) of us on here think you are a bit silly for leaving it all this long to sort it out, I’d also say that same percentage think you should go see the fella and either get your money back (if you can) or drive home in the car (if you can)

Go see the fella.

v666ern
    Free Member

The suggestions to use another ‘phone, etc may have their place but why should I actually have to use such tactics – should be no need for this.

but its your money?
    He has your money, what incentive does he have to sort this out?
    If its too far away to visit why not ask him for a picture of the car (to prove he still has it) then pictures to prove he’s done the work you’ve paid for?

I’ll put a pound on a charge of £1250 for storing the vehicle for 8 months.

+1

I sincerely hope you get this resolved and aren’t getting fleeced but I think your being naive – you need to speak to this person not via text/facebook/twitter/email actually [list]talk[/list].

Cougar

You shouldn’t have to, I totally agree. But given that nothing else seems to be working and he’s clearly avoiding you, it doesn’t like you’ve got much option short of a long round-trip to find out that he’s “just popped out.”

I get that the relaxed approach may well have worked for both of you. However, based solely on your posts here it sounds to me like he’s now taking the piss. What’s he trying to hide?

v666ern
    Free Member

Sorry if it seems were attacking you, were on your side but you appear a lot more trusting than some of us.

I.e. i just googled car storage and using these guys it starts at £15 a week so 15×52=£780.
    http://www.lancashirecarstorage.co.uk/vehicles.php

Whats to stop this guy saying he was storing it for you and its £800 plus he ordered the roll cage and you never turned up so he sold it to cover his costs. Without a contract its your word versus his.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I am losing the will to live with this thread, and the OP’s stubbornness to pick up the phone and help himself.

JUST CALL HIM FROM A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND ASK HIM WHAT’S GOING ON…please.

trail_rat
    Free Member

have you tried using grindr to contact him yet ? it seems you have tried everything but another phone so far.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

may have their place but why should I actually have to use such tactics – should be no need for this.

I think the same goes for bullet proof vests in Baghdad but it’s the best thing to have

richmars

The OP doesn’t own the car, so can’t really be charged storage, but the time has come to get down there and see what’s going on. Phone, email etc can go on forever.

v666ern
    Free Member

Can you give us an idea of location, if its Gloucester / Swindon im happy to drive round and see whats for sale etc – im sure others would be happy to go and have a look as well.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It’s Goodwood Sports Cars apparently, Berwick.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Car dealer. Disorganised or flogged the car I put a deposit down on?’ is closed to new replies.