Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car DAB Devices
  • eskay

Has anyone had any experience of the DAB receivers that retransmit on FM?

My wife wants DAB to listen to a particular radio station in her car.

twonks

Most of them are good but the making of a good DAB stereo is the aerial.

Spend some money on a good one and she’ll be fine.

I use DAB all over the country and very rarely get a drop out on most major channels – that’s with a VW factory aerial.

sadexpunk

i have a little clarity dab adaptor that does both, it plays over fm or will play through aux. the sound is better through aux than the fm, so i leave it on that.

i found dabonwheels to be excellent. theyre cheap enough and let you try and send back if you dont get on with the products. excellent customer service.

EDIT: +1 on the aerial. trial and error led me to buy a magnetic aerial which i stick on my tailgate. the windscreen ones were rubbish. like i say tho, if it doesnt work to your satisfaction you can return it.

redstripe
    Free Member

I had a Pure Highway plug in one that worked via aux in (better) or FM, aerial it came with worked fine in my area, lots of leads dangling though. If the car has a single DIN for the stereo it’s often more effective to buy a new unit with DAB already – I have bought JVC graded ones off ebay (circa £80 with 12 months warranty) and fitted to several cars, great sound and the windscreen aerials they came with worked fine. If you get one, make sure the USB port is a charging one for phones, some of the budget ones aren’t, only for playback, not charging. Cheers

I don’t have DAB, but do have Bluetooth streaming, so tend to listen to internet radio via my phone. On three mobile there aren’t many places where it drops out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car DAB Devices’ is closed to new replies.