Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Car crash…
  • mrsconsequence
    Free Member

I had a fairly minor accident at bout 9:30 this evening, my car isn’t driveable and got a hefty dent in driver door. I can’t sleep for replaying what happened over and over in my head and getting more annoyed and upset with myself.

I blooming hate car accidents, total inconvenience to life and makes me feel like a right wally.

Philconsequence is asleep so no one to moan to, so I came here sorry

yunki
    Free Member

I hope you were good and drunk at the time…

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Nope not under the influence at all! Just talking and lack of indicating from the other driver, wet conditions totally put me off too 🙁

Classic case of woman driving this incident.

br
    Free Member

minor and my car isn’t driveable aren’t normally two phrases that go together…, which one is it?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m glad your ok. That’s the main thing, right? Your bound to replay the incident in your head, just build up any lost confidence driving. I’m yet to cause my first accident but it’s statisticaly iminent, been in a few scrapes though.

donsimon
    Free Member

minor and my car isn’t driveable aren’t normally two phrases that go together…, which one is it?

Broken headlights and dark?
    Wing rubbing on tyre?
    Tracking knocked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off?
    Hope you’re OK and the bill isn’t too painful, which is what b r wanted to say too, but forgot. 🙄

wrightyson
    Free Member

Only had one driving myself but been in 3. The one I caused as a late for work youngster stuck with me for quiet a while, mainly because id put my seat belt on about a min before it occurred! As you say the main thing that plays on your mind is how you could have avoided it, eventually I just had to realise it was an accident, tuff, it was my fault but the main thing was i hadn’t hurt anyone! Hope you’re ok. Oh and fwiw I managed to write two cars off and block the road for an hr 😳

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

It’s minor and the cars undriveable – hit my door mainly, but has bent something underneath wheel I can see so more than tracking way off. Bonnet is uneven too, I hope it’s not a quite off. I effing love that car, funny thing I was saying exactly that when it happened.

It could’ve been so much worse, I need to keep remembering that but it’s easier to say than to digest. I’ve had two other write off accidents when I was a new driver at 17, they haunted me for ages too. I shouldn’t have just assumed he was going straight over the roundabout – despite hum not indicating and car position for straight over…

Headache.

Drac

No one was hurt that’s the important thing, insurance will sort the cars out that’s what you pay it for.

Yeah it is, as Don has pointed can be a multitude of of things to stop you from driving legal or at all. Sounds like a bent track rod end which you see regular in shunts.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And I’m sure philly will be delighted that you weren’t hurt. Weird things car crashes – even minor ones can shake you up a bit. I think it’s the noise of an impact – mostly sounds far worse than it is. Glad you’re ok. Hope the bill’s not too steep.

Jamie
    Free Member

Philconsequence is asleep…..

Wake the feckless eejit up. He should be there as a manly man in your time of need 8)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

so was he in the right hand lane of two lanes approaching the roundabout, not indicating, and then turned left to the first exit?

alexpalacefan

You screwed up, and could have killed somebody!

You got lucky.

Make sure it never happens again.

APF

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about my love life.

Hope you’re ok MrsC. I had someone drive out of a junction into the side of me about 8 yrs ago. Still more wary of people coming out of junctions now than I ever used to be.

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about my love life.

Don’t be so harsh on yourself mate. I am sure you are knee deep in …erm….beating them off…hmm…doing ok what with how in shape you must be with all the exercise.

I am currently heading for Darcy territory.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am currently heading for Darcy territory.

There’s not much room…you’d better hurry.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mini roundabout so it was a wide lane but no separate right hand lane to be in, was definitely on the far left going around though with no indicators…. however they were taking the far left so they could swing wide and go all the way around back on themselves.

beccas very shaken up, 3 hours broken sleep and about 4 hours crying. it was the first car she had worked for, saved up and bought herself, she had always wanted that particular car since before she learnt to drive. she still commented nearly every time we got on that car or she looked at it through a window at how proud she was to have that car and how much she loved/loves it.

personally i’m very happy that she’s physically ok, have taken the day off to look after her and generally hug her whilst she cries and make her food and stuff… Jamie… she left me sleeping, silly wimminz! just wanted to ‘talk to people from a distance’ so she could cry and stuff but not cry in front of other people if that makes any sense?

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s not much room…you’d better hurry.

I dunno, once you are strapped into your wetsuit we should have a bit more room.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Car is replaceable, people aren’t, so the right one got damaged, sure the insurance will cough up and you can enjoy it coming back all shiny and nice!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno, once you are strapped into your wetsuit we should have a bit more room.

I’m surprised you hadn’t been on that thread.

philconsequence
    Free Member

can i have a photo of DD in a wetsuit and jamie doing something erotic to him…. you know… the normal stuff, rubbing jam on his face or summin?

fingers crossed on the insurance, its super low mileage for its year (w reg and 38k on the clock, service history etc) so no idea on how the insurers will value it… equally i have no idea on how much it would cost the insurers to replace the door, side and front wing panels, steering rack and anything else they’ll need to do.

i really hope the insurance pays up and gets the car back to her!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s customary to have a before and after photo I believe…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m surprised you hadn’t been on that thread.

Man needs a wetsuit, my ‘hilarious’ asides of you looking like a sexy wok smuggling otter, will just get in the way of genuine advice.

Sometimes it’s best just to step back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think getting my rotund shape into a wetsuit might be an erotic enough thought for some…but if jam be needed, then jam it is (in).

TSY, can you bring the silicone spray? x

On a serious note philly, how is mrsc this morning? Hope she’s ok 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

fingers crossed on the insurance, its super low mileage for its year (w reg and 38k on the clock, service history etc) so no idea on how the insurers will value it… equally i have no idea on how much it would cost the insurers to replace the door, side and front wing panels, steering rack and anything else they’ll need to do.

Do you have any pictures of the car before the bump? The insurers will base the write off value, to a degree, on the condition of the car beforehand, and it helps if you can show it was in mint condition before it got remodelled.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Darcy – I was going to lather up in goose fat, all traditional like.

molgrips
    Free Member

This sort of thing does suck. I completely understand. Our first bump was a few weeks ago. Mrs Grips was in pieces, and I was very shouty and sweary at no-one in particular (not the person who hit us mind).

I beat myself up over the near misses I’ve had that were my fault too.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

(not the person who hit us mind).

Next time do it at those responsible. Might stop you kicking your own ass later.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont have any photos of it before hand unfortunately, its not something we’ve ever thought of doing to be honest!

she’s still struggling this morning, crying has died down a bit but still intermittent. distraction only works for so long.

molgrips
    Free Member

Might stop you kicking your own ass later.

I didn’t beat myself up about that one as there was no question even in my mind of culpability!

jon1973
    Free Member

You screwed up, and could have killed somebody!

You got lucky.

Make sure it never happens again.

You forgot to mention it could be a baby Robin’s face next time.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice ninja edit TSY.

epicyclo

Many years ago my wife wrote of 3 cars in a 6 months period. (2 of ours, and 1 of someone else)

Luckily this was in Oz where the insurance is part of the yearly vehicle license.

Meant we were broke, so I had to scavenge a few wrecks and build up something.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Drac

Luckily this was in Oz where the insurance is part of the yearly vehicle license.

Meant we were broke, so I had to scavenge a few wrecks and build up something.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can’t believe it took 8 minutes for the Mad Max reference to appear.

C’mon people!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the guy in front was clearly using the roundabout incorrectly – any chance of having him done for dangerous driving – might help your wife feel a little less like it was her fault.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Insurers think its my fault despite not saying it was and help hire, courtesy car people, think it’s my fault too 🙁

I think were both at fault, he was in wrong lane technically and not indicating, but I pulled out 🙁

glenh
    Free Member

Sadly I think that technically counts as your fault, even if he wasn’t indicating, since you have to give way coming onto a roundabout and thus it’s considered your responsibility to make sure it’s clear.

I guess it’s a bit like hitting someone from behind – even if the person in front is driving like an ass and does something completely unexpected for no reason, the person behind is deemed at fault because they should be prepared for other drivers to be idiots.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Car crash…’ is closed to new replies.