• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Car Crash
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Got a bit of insomnia so decided to go for a drive, headed out towards Cranham because you get nice views over the vale.

Driving through Buckholt woods i come across a smashed up car, on its wheels but generally not in a good state.

I stopped had a quick look to see if there was anyone about, didn't have a mobile so knocked on a locals door and they rang the police.

I had to drive to where the phone call was made, not many houses, so my car was parked off the road, but i was still within hearing distance of the scene and could hear the cars driving over the glass.

What i am curious about is that no one else seemed to stop, am i odd for stopping to see if anyone was hurt. I know people may have rung the police from a mobile etc. but you can't check to see if some one is injured that way?

Hairychested
    Free Member

You weirdo, admitting to caring for another person? Perv!
    BTW I'd like somebody to check were it me.

Drac

Probably seen your car and assumed you were getting help.

mrmo
    Free Member

no way my car could have been seen nature of the road and where i was parked. It wasn't as if you could miss the crash either, half way across the road, debris and glass all over the road

Drac

Could be they rang the police on their mobiles, very rare that people pass a road accident. That said if they couldn't see anything probably took a guess they were drink drivers and done off. It's often what people say when we turn up and no one's around.

mrmo
    Free Member

i guessed it was a nicked car hence no one around,

project
    Free Member

MRNO, you should have had the satnav and radio out, as well as anything loose inside, sod the driver, nobody else cared to stop, so why shouldnt you treat it as a freebie.

But being serious, well done,i always stop, and have a hunt round for accident victims before going for help, or phoneing the police.

Its what id expect if i was involved in an accident.

taka
    Free Member

did you look in a 100m radious for dead people? and did you look in to see if there was anything worth taking? i would have 😉

skidartist
    Free Member

I know someone who did stop, found one dead and one dying, had to hold the dying one's guts in while the ambulance came. Another car came by – looked, and drove on.

That second car was traced and the driver wound up in jail.

Drac

What exactly did they go to jail for in this urban myth?

gusamc
    Free Member

Sadly, I think Drac may be right in this one.

I'm pretty sure I heard the following on local Radio, which I sadly suspect is nearer the truth. All Bracknell cab drivers are required to carry first aid kits in their cabs. All cab drivers are not allowed to us them as they are not medically qualified…………………..

Jamie
    Free Member

skidartist:

I know someone who did stop, found one dead and one dying, had to hold the dying one's guts in while the ambulance came. Another car came by – looked, and drove on.

Reeeeeeaaaalllly?

Smee
    Free Member

Leaving the scene of a crash carries a maximum penalty of 6 months imprisonment.

Drac

Leaving the scene of a crash carries a maximum penalty of 6 months imprisonment.

If your involved in the crash not just passing by.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh dear, what a crock.

I **think** you actually have to be involved in the accident rather than a passer buy.

**slaps forehead**

Smee
    Free Member

Witnessing it is classed as being involved though.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The survey says, er err.

Step away from the internet, your mind does not seem to be able to filter the bilge from the truth.

Drac

Nope not in the slightest.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Car Crash’ is closed to new replies.