• This topic has 39 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tn25.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Car choice. Aston or Lambo
  • clipper68
    Free Member

Just been looking around the classic car show thing in Ryde IOW and there was an amazing array of cars there.
    My 12 yr old son and I are having an argument as I gave him the choice of two cars. Lambourgini Gallardo in bright yellow or a classic Aston Martin DB4 Superleggera.
    The aston was drop dead gorgeous as it was immaculate and sounded fantastic, the lambo was loud and vulgar.
    Sonny boy like would have the lambo and Id have the Aston.
    Tried to explain that the lambo was kak but hes having none of it. I think Top Gear has poisoned his mind….
    Anyway, what would you lot prefer out of the two?

john_drummer
    Free Member

aston

MartynS

aston..

just to be able to say “shall we pop to Monaco in the Aston darling?”

That sentence has a certain ring to it I think..

muckytee
    Free Member

The Lambo:

The Aston:

I’d go for the Aston

(although preferred car would be a Noble M600)

racefaceec90

well i was lucky enough to have been driven in an aston martin db5 silver james bond type (for only a few 100 m’s admittedly),when i was about 10.it was a lovely car.so i’d say aston definitely 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Lambo.. all ridiculous status cars are loud and vulgar.. Top Gear is not responsible for folk wanting Lambo’s

I wanted a Lambo when I was 10 and Clarkson was still a virginal spotty petrol station attendant with no friends and a fetish for masturbating wearing his dads driving gloves while dribbling old engine oil over his face and chest..

Can I have an Aston Lagonda..?

Cougar

Just so I have this right, this is what we’re comparing?

The Lambo:

The Aston:

loddrik
    Free Member

Both vile, Alpina Estate would do me.

CountZero

Frankly, there is such a difference between the two cars that a comparison is pointless. Comparing the Aston and a Miura would be appropriate, or a Gallardo and a DB9 or Vanquish, perhaps.
    I like the Gallardo, possibly the best looking Lamborghini in years, but I wouldn’t have one, or an Aston, either.
    Now, an Audi RS6 Avante, with the Lamborghini engine in it, would be appealing, or the Bently Continental GT.
    But that’s a purely personal choice, based purely on how I’d want to use the car.

somafunk

One of the founders of the modern fishing fleet in my home town (therefore rather wealthy) had a fully restored Aston DB4 1961 with a 4.7litre Vantage engine in a dark, almost black grey colour, it was just drop dead stunningly gorgeous and sounded so good when at idle and when he drove past, like a car should sound. It certainly turned heads and at the annual historic car show it always drew the biggest crowds – not just because he used to auction off rides in it for a local charity but because it was absolutely perfect down to the most amazing bodywork shine and how he kept the wire wheels so clean i’ll never know. He only drove it a few times a year and unfortunately he died back in 2005, there was a massive turnout for his funeral, hundreds outside the church and his coffin was carried aloft up to the graveyard following his car with everyone following behind, all in our small town knew him and had respect for him, i don’t know what happened to his car but i sincerely hope it’s still with his family.

So for me it has to be the Aston……

organdonor
    Free Member

…Clarkson was still a virginal spotty petrol station attendant with no friends and a fetish for masturbating wearing his dads driving gloves while dribbling old engine oil over his face and chest..

Love it. Oh, the Lambo.

warton
    Free Member

Lambo, if i’m spending that much on a car I want something I can take to a track and hammer all day…

Kuco

I’ve always loved Lamborghini since a kid and you’ve made my day in yellow as well 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

warton – Member
    Lambo, if i’m spending that much on a car I want something I can take to a track and hammer all day…

In that case you’ll want German Engineering not Italian or British rubbish 😉

drlex
    Free Member

I was fortunate enough to have owned a DB4 for a decade – 960AGF – great fun and likely to be the best car I’ll ever possess, but not a daiy driver unless you own a staffed garage. Choice ought to be more DB4 vs Miura or V12 vs Gallardo to be fair to each marque.

stumpy01

Lamborghini.

Sure, the Aston was good in it’s day but it’s no supercar anymore.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Aren’t Lambo owned by the Germans now?

I’d have the Lambo. It would be nice to be able to actually drive places. I already have a money pit, sorry classic car.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aren’t Lambo owned by the Germans now?

Audi

godzilla
    Free Member

Audi over Ford any day.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Crass I know. But I also prefer the look of muckytee’s lambo girl to keira knightley.

PrinceJohn

I’d have the Lambo.

Unless the Aston comes with it’s own private AA van that follows you around.

PrinceJohn

Crass I know. But I also prefer the look of muckytee’s lambo girl to keira knightley.

To meet your mum Keira, for fun rides Amy…

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Surely the point of a sports car.

RustySpanner

Bristol S6, ta.

Astons are a bit, well, agricultural.
    New Lambo’s are for wealthy hairdressers.

Would love a Miura though, in orange please.

mogrim

Lambo, if I were spending stupid money on a pointless car I’d want people to notice.

nealglover
    Free Member

In that case you’ll want German Engineering not Italian or British rubbish

You’d be wanting the German Lambo then.

Personally I would go for the classic, but only if I had pockets deep enough to look after it and fix it regularly.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bizarre comparison with cars from different eras. When I as a kid I had a Countach poster on my wall so Lambo for me compared to the equivalent era Aston. Supercars are supposed to be OTT, and I cant imagine Lambo drivers take themselves too seriously.

Had the choice recently (only for the morning though on a track experience…) and choice the Gallardo over Aston and Ferrari on offer.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you didn’t tell your boy he should get a Mondeo then you;re not a true STWer.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve never driven a Lambo but I once drove and Aston and it was horrible; heavy, uncomfortable and the pedals were really awkward to use. Definitely for enthusiasts only.

juan
    Free Member

Those damn first world problem he 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’d drive the Aston (simply for the time-travel experience) til it broke down (about 4ish miles) then take the Lambo. 8)

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

I used to work for the company who made the extruded/bonded alloy chassis for the DB9’s and vanquishes so knowing what I know Lambo every time!! 😉

cant comment on the earlier modes mind….

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Muckytee’s Lambo girl no question.

I’d probably choose the Aston though. But I’d have a Countach (proper Lambo) over that.

ski
    Free Member

Which gets let out at junctions more often with a smile?

patriotpro
    Free Member

In that case you’ll want German Engineering not Italian or British rubbish

The Gallardo is built By Audi.

njee20
    Free Member

Lambo.

Although I’d actually have a V10 Audi R8, and £100k on laps of the Nurburgring/tyres/brakes.

weeksy

Me,
    1 Ducati 1198s
    1 Aprilia RSV4
    1 KTM RC8R
    1 KTM Superduke R
    2 Yamaha R1 09’s.

juan
    Free Member

weesky I am sure you first choice is meant to be a panigiale 1199 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Me,
    1 Ducati 1198s
    1 Aprilia RSV4
    1 KTM RC8R
    1 KTM Superduke R
    2 Yamaha R1 09’s.

I’m not really sure you understood the question.

tn25
    Free Member

*Pedant alert*
    Actually VW own Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, Bugatti, Seat, Skoda, Scania and Ducati.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Car choice. Aston or Lambo’ is closed to new replies.