Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Car choice advice….Zafira -v- 308 SW
  • rockhopper70

I need to choose a company car and the only MPV type offering (3 kids) is a Zafira or 308SW. I have taken a Zafira for a test drive, albeit a basic model, and the drivers seat was the most uncomfortable car seat I have ever sat in. I could get the exclusive model 1.7cdti and spec up with a seat pack to give lumber support that may make it more comfortable. Any one tried this. The other option, the 308SW Sport model has v comfy seats but less useful as an MPV. Needs to be able to act as a van when hauling bikes and kit too. If I could sort the seat, Zafira seems best bet albeit a bit….well, dull.
    Any input or comments/advice appreciated.

carbon337
    Free Member

I've got a zaf Sri 150 cdti chipped to 180 and it's champion. Suits me, this pm I'm off with bike in back then tomorrow will put lintran box in and get 2 springer in and 5 folk, last week had 7 people in for trip to a restaurant. Loads of space for holidays camping in north Scotland and drives better than a van. I wanted to swap it fo a transporter but to me it's more versatile than a van at this moment.

rockhopper70

does it have the seats with lumbar adjustment…with the little knob on the side of the seat?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Vauxhall or Pug.

What a choice.
    😥

rockhopper70

good call…oh for an allowance!

carbon337
    Free Member

Yep has lumbar and sports seats help. I fancy a VXR version but it won't be happening soon they have leather recaros and 2.2 turbo.

sc-xc

I would never buy a Vauxhall because I really dislike these two arseholes.

petrieboy

wife has a zafira cdti 150 "design" which is the top model alongside the SRi. i find it better to drive long distance than my Audi. agree that the basic models are pretty grim tho.

philfive
    Free Member

I have a zafira, very very dull car but does what it is designed for well

jd-boy
    Free Member

I guess if you are buying it as a company car you need to look at the miles you do, there is no point driving a car thats uncomfortable all day just becouse it works better for your private dutys, I used to do 75,000 year for 15 years in Pugs and never had a bad back, I was given a vauxhall CC and lived with it for 6 months before I got the company to give me another Pug.

rockhopper70

The car is providd to me for business and personal use and must be chosen from a list of "approved" cars. The zafira was not too bad to drive but the basic seat was awful…just wondering if the seat upgrade would help comfort.

rockhopper70

step one of my destiny to zafira ownership…the quote request has gone to lombard….. 🙄

Timmo
    Free Member

as a warning, the carpets and trim on zafira's are Awful! they suck up all the dirt and dont like to let it go! close to a form of fluffy cardboard, i know many guys i met through valeting that pass jobs on to other guys due to them being zafira's,

the back seats are not particularly comfortable either and the material is not nice for long journeys (mother hired one to transport her, step dad, me the wife and littlun on a trip a while back) but for what they do they are popular, recently done the same trip in a Ford s-max and have to say was like night and day from the Zafira, (equal levels of trim etc.)

of the two i'd prolly look at the pug, not quite so big on space but i'd say prolly better on comfort!

scotabroad

Agree a Zafira is not the most exciting of cars, but my missus has one as the family car and it is hard to fault it for that purpose. YOu can get four bikes on the roof rack, through a stack of luggage in the back, have an occasional 7 seater which folds away neatly, can make it into a van, and it is not the size of a small bus like a galaxy. Its ultra reliable and handles reasonably well, Great family motors!

But as said above if you want an exciting drive and do a lot of miles it makes your other option more attractive.

rockhopper70

final quote now through so decision time…company will provide a brand new Zafira 1.7 cdti ecoflex and I just put £300 towards to get the upgraded seats and a towing pack that includes stabilty control and a detachable tow ball (thinking of a tourer too…arrgh must be middle age…but actually coz taking three kids on hols anywhere during school holidays is insanely expensive) to attach a bike rack to.
    Please assure me that this is going to be a good decision as I have to live with it for 4 years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Car choice advice….Zafira -v- 308 SW’ is closed to new replies.