• This topic has 46 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Car buying advice please…..
  • Daffy

Update:

Car A.) ratty looking thing, kept outside for most of it's life – NO
    Car B.) Lovely car, excellent condition and well looked after, the alloys have started to corrode, but I'm told that happens to all 108s. I've also managed to get it for £7850ish. has had tyres and brakes done in the last 3 months.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Daffy – just had my BM alloys done at this place:

http://polishedwheelcompany.co.uk

They had been painted (not very well) by the previous owner, I questioned Styner about it, they paid for them to be done – they look completely brand spanking new. Brake disks look rusty because I had just washed the car!

Nice one on the car if you do get it – I'd say BM alloys aren't the most durable in the World so need looking after. At least 108s aren't too bad to clean – mine are a git! Just watch out for those studs – tend to attract dirt and corrosion.

Assuming they are the 108s I think they are?

Daffy

Hey mat,

Yup, those are the 108s, and you're right, they do tend to corrode around the bolts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

See them all and tell them what price you'll offer them.

As said on here- a car with half the mileage could be screwed compared to a higher mileage..

Also call me cynical but all those are bang on average mileage- guessing they all have annual service receipts?

I drove to Bath to see and buy my current car privately (200 miles each way?)

hora
    Free Member

Is anyone of them the Nicky Clarke Special edition?

Even fruity people like ladies cars Daffy…..and there was me defending MX5's!!!!! The Z4 is as feminine as they get 😆

Daffy

Hora, The winner in the competion is up in Newcastle, but was bought and service at Scothall BMW Leeds for all it's life. I phoned them and they have a full sales and service record for the car 🙂

Can't say better than that.

hora
    Free Member

Hurray! Saying that 3 days before I also drove down the Bristol area to see an absolute dog of a Legacy that the owner lied about 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Car buying advice please…..’ is closed to new replies.