Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Car broken in to – Surrey hills
  • mattyboy24
    Free Member

Hey, bit of a long shot but;

Had my car broken into today at the bottom of pitch hill in the car park and had my wallet and phone stolen.

Don’t care about my phone but want my wallet back as it was a gift and I am sure the thief has probably dumped it as it had no cash in it!

It is a burgundy monogrammed Aspinal of London leather wallet, the monogram is MFY

If anyone has found it or handed it in I would be really great fi you could message me.

Cheers!

Matt

gee
    Free Member

That’s dreadful – gits. I guess it was only a matter of time before the area attracted theives, what with the proximity to London and the amount of Audis and Orange Fives around to pinch.

Perhaps some signs in the main cars parks?

GB

njee20
    Free Member

Which car park? The one just above the Windmill pub?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. A bit surprised as car parks usually pretty busy.

SOAP
    Free Member

Did you leave it on the dash?

spacemonkey

Sorry to hear, but honestly, leaving your valuables, ie phone and wallet, in the car is just dumb.

I guess you’re referring to the northern-most car park (nr the hotel)?

Can’t remember hearing similar stories around Peaslake, but I do sadly remember a spate of break-ins at Starvael c 10 yrs ago.

mattyboy24
    Free Member

Hey, it was the car park just up from the windmill, all the contents were in the drivers door pocket, they didn’t take my Garmin which was in the same pocket or my platinum wedding band which was on the dash!

Pretty crappy but hey ho! Will keep my stuff. On me next time!

slimjim78
    Free Member

they didn’t take my Garmin which was in the same pocket or my platinum wedding band which was on the dash!

lost sympathy at this point

spooky_b329

Root through the bushes in the car park, I’ve found a couple of discarded items before. At Peaslake found a mouldy old hand bag that had been thrown into the undergrowth.

garage-dweller

Sorry to hear you have had the car done over but do people really leave that stuff in the car when riding? I stick it in the camel back or pockets, house keys, office keys, BlackBerry, phone, wallet. It’s not that much extra to carry.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bad luck, I always worry about this as I tend to ride during quiet times there and worry about cars being vulnerable on Pitch and W’fold.

I guess anyone who has never left anything in a car might feel capable of showing no sympathy but some of the above seems harsh to me.

chip
    Free Member

I stick my phone in the bag for emergencies along with just enough folding and leave the wallet at home.
    It’s rare to have your car broken into on the off chance (nothing of value in view).

That said I know someone who had their window smashed because they left a pasty on the passenger seat,
    I guess who ever nicked it must have been hungry.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm Steak & Onion!

mattyboy24
    Free Member

Nothing was visible, just put it down to them picking the most expensive car in the car park and trying their luck!

allthepies
    Free Member

Sounds like a good strategy.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lost sympathy?
    Wtf?
    Tool!

mattyboy24
    Free Member

Too right wrightyson !

slimjim78
    Free Member

Lost sympathy?
    Wtf?
    Tool!

??
    Left a platinum ring on the dashboard???????????????

”£1000 ring up for grabs – just break right in”

Im not the only tool.

wheelie

Tea Leaves will often watch while you are sorting your car out and ‘hiding your valuable’

annebr
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member
    ??
    Left a platinum ring on the dashboard???????????????

”£1000 ring up for grabs – just break right in”

Im not the only tool.

??? but it wasn’t taken so can’t have been much of an influence in choosing that car to break into.

Go on, have a bit of sympathy. 🙄

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

We parked in that car park yesterday (up from the Windmill pub opposite the gully) and when we got back my mate said someone had tried his van door because the handle was out. We got back at around 12:15.

slimjim78
    Free Member

??? but it wasn’t taken so can’t have been much of an influence in choosing that car to break into.

Go on, have a bit of sympathy.

I agree, but how lucky was he not to have such a prize possesion also stolen? Its the blatant casualness I cant sympathise with.

I dont like to hear about anyone having anything stolen, but lets see some common sense FFS.

njee20
    Free Member

But it’s entirely irrelevant! 😕

Next time there’s a ‘stolen bike’ thread, why not ask if they’ve got a nice television!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Eh?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Car broken in to – Surrey hills’ is closed to new replies.