Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Car Broke- gotta commute tomorrow on FS
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

As title , sheared a bolt on a sliding brake caliper so need parts but nowhere open today so gonna take the bike- blur LT with fat Alberts on Tomorrow, its only 10 miles each way , will I die?

retro83
    Free Member

i did 15 miles each way on my Trance-X with 2.3 Minions and coil Pikes. Didn’t kill me but i did get overtaken by an old boy on one of those shopper bikes

fingerbike
    Free Member

10 miles each way, why aren’t you riding it regularly already?! Used to do a 14 mile road commute on my 5 with high roller front, crossmark rear (2.35) occasionally so that I could go mountain biking after work, was a bit draggy and took a little while longer but made the daily commute tourer feel like a rocketship.

stuarty
    Free Member

You should live
    But stack the odds 10psi tyre pressure and drag some old tyres behind rocky style 😯

mrmo
    Free Member

10miles, and your asking the question? slicks would make it easier but 10miles on the road, even on a reasonably unsuitable mtb isn’t hard.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I forgot to add , Im a 15 stone smoking unfit barsteward
    I may die

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Regularly do 7.5 miles on-road commute on a Pitch with 2.3s, no bother.

mrmo
    Free Member

then think of it as the first day of getting fit. 20miles each day £4 of petrol a day?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No wonder you are 15 stone if you are asking this question.

zippykona

15 stone is fine if you are 7’6″.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I was over 17 when I started biking im 14.10 now so not too bad, just wish I didnt sell the road bike last year

It should be interesting although I can do 10 mile in the woods no bother so should be ok, I need a white fixie to go with my shirt and tie

mboy
    Free Member

I may die

You will die…

Earlier than many, not as early as some.

But it probably won’t be tomorrow… Unless you don’t allow enough time to wash your sweaty self when you get to work, and you stink the office out and your colleagues lynch you for being a sweaty stinky smoky unfit bastard!

Or something along those lines… 😉

mountainman

Wish i could use bike more often ,but have to use the car/van as need passenger capacity as part of work ,so only get to ride 2 out of 6 days and thats 24 miles each way.

Bonus tho when i’m on split shift i take bike in the van and got 6 hours to play local woods to work n the mrs can’t do nowt about it.

zippykona

I have found that 15 minutes on a turbo trainer a day knocks the weight off,makes you sweat a lot and is really boring.

althepal

Occasionally do the 12 mile ride to work and back on my 575.. Set up fairly light and with 2.25 nobby nics on its fine.
    Just lock almost everything out, all good.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I commute 4 days a week on a SS Rigid 29er, but sometimes I go on the 140mm FS.
    It makes the stairs and the subways a little more interesting.
    Add a couple of laps in the woods on the way, if you have any

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Car Broke- gotta commute tomorrow on FS’ is closed to new replies.