• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car brake pads…
  • breninbeener

My gf’s 3 yr old clio needs new front pads. Eurocarparts have Eicher, Pagid and Brembo pads for between 35 and 50 for two pairs. There is also currently a 50% off deal….

Is it possible that i can get Brembo pads for £25 for 2 pr? My experience of track days etc suggests Pagid and Brembo are v high quality. Are these actually ok?

cp

I’ve used several sets of pagid on the legacy and other halves Micra. Have been fine – work well and last. No issues at all.

breninbeener

Ace. Thanks

toby

I’ve had no problem with either from Euro Car Parts. I’ve found the Brembo to be very dusty, though. I’ve avoided Eicher as they seem to have a bad reputation, but that may just be brand snobbery in car forums. And yes, £25 for an axle set of brake pads seems a pretty good price.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, if they’re £50 for a ‘set’ (2 pads per side, 4 pads total) and they’re 50% off then yes.

I’m sure the Brembo pads would be good, as you say they make some really nice high end stuff, including (supposedly) brakes for F1 and lots of Super Cars.

Doesn’t mean they’re give any better performance that the others, they make a full range of stuff, not just sports stuff, but the quality should be very good.

stevied
    Free Member

Just changed the pads on my Alfa and went Brembo this time.
    I had the Pagid ones last time and I wasn’t massively impressed with them so went for a change. Very happy with the Brembo’s on performance and they go nicely with my Brembo calipers 8)

submarined
    Free Member

Brembo are a massive OEM supplier as well as an aftermarket performance parts supplier. They do performance stuff and run of the mill stuff.

Cheap Pagid, Brembo stuff etc all fine, no issues using them whatsoever. If it’s not a track car or a car that’s really pushed then no need to spend loads on pads that are resistant to multiple hard stops and provide an amazing pedal feel under pressure etc.

jimjam
    Free Member

submarined – Member

Brembo are a massive OEM supplier

Yep, probably little or no difference between Brembo OEM equivalents and actual OEM pads unless you’re paying out for their high performance pads.

Had cheap Brembo pads on my Subaru, nothing special. Mintex m1144s on the other hand….

breninbeener

Ok great. Have ordered the Pagid for £22 delivered free today! Ace

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ve gone Brembo pads and discs this time round due to the various offers from EuroCarParts and GSF. I went for the corrosion resistant dics and so far been very impressed. THe usual corrosion on the lip is non existant a year on.

It was mentioned above about Dust, but so far i’ve not seem much of a promblem and thats doing 20k miles per year

pdw
    Free Member

If you’re looking at ECP it’s always worth checking Carparts4Less who are the same people with different (usually lower) prices. And never buy from either without a discount code.

I just bought discs and pads: CP4L + 12% off beat ECP + 35% off. If I’d waited another day I could have got a 14% “day with an ‘a’ in the name” discount, rather than the 12% “month ending in ‘er'” discount I actually got.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car brake pads…’ is closed to new replies.