Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car booster seats
  • backinireland
    Free Member

The sort for 4-12 year olds
    What do people use?
    The simple ten quid ones or the bigger ones with side impact?
    What about isofix?

allfankledup

We used 7quid jobs from tesco, our cars didn’t have isofix

We didn’t rely on the seats having side impact padding – I wrapped the kids in a Volvo v70 / merc e class instead

Our first born never got to go in the mk2 golf 16v as it was built like a baked bean can in comparison….

properbikeco
    Free Member

get the ones with the sides and headrest – think safety tests show they are much better in a side impact – also less likely to submarine out as they have a guide for the belt across the lap

Ben_H

Really happy with a pair of MaxiCosi RodiFix, which aren’t the cheapest but are well thought of in reviews and appear durable.

v8ninety

Graco junior maxi, available from £15, (Asda baby and toddler promo) to £50 (fancy ‘exclusive’ colours, from mothercare). Fits well, feels sturdy, cleans easily, and ‘grows’ with the child. Has great reviews and both my little’uns have done miles in them, in various states of consciousness, without any niggles at all. Personally really happy with them, I reckon they’ll see the miniV8s ip to the point they can sit in an adult seat.

EoT, IMHO.

bruk

Bought a LCPKids isofix seat from Germany. Much cheaper than UK seats and has adjustable back and sides. Seems pretty comfy, driven from Dornoch (60 miles north of Inverness) to Cheshire in one go with no complaints.

About 70€ on the homepage right now.

warns74
    Free Member

Another maxi cosi rodifix here, its excellent.

northernmatt

We just got a Britax XpFix Super Duper something fix Mk12. I have no idea but it goes in the car and the boy is comfy and safe as it’s the one the other half wanted even though it was geet expensive.

backinireland
    Free Member

Well they’re either wrapped in a LR discovery 3 or a Toyota verso.
    V8 90 I’m jealous………
    Three kids 1, 4 and 7 so two in boosters at minute youngest has recaro sport chair which eventually can be a booster
    Eldest on cheapo booster, middle one has booster with backrest-graco one
    Never any complaints re comfort and we drove across France this year.
    Interested in safety, properbikeco any links to studies?

jimplops

Recaro young sport.

garage-dweller

Full ones with backs here. Youngest has a newer seat with a a screw out impact absorber thing that you extend towards the door. The ide presumably being as the door deforms it uses (changes the form of) energy in crushing the sticky out bit.

backinireland
    Free Member

I have two recaro Young sports, the youngest uses it with the harnesses, the Oder two don’t need the harnesses just seat belt
    Guess I could buy another four for the two cars

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car booster seats’ is closed to new replies.