Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Car bits ….. Using the main dealer.
  • letmetalktomark

After shopping around for tyres and tracking recently I called my local main dealer to see what their price was.

Typically I was given their list price but after a bit of quizzing they said they would match the lowest price that I had for the tyres and do the tracking FOC.

Seemed a good deal.

Just got the car back and they had not only given the car a good once over but topped up the car’s fully synthetic oil FOC. I keep on top of checking the oil and had just mentioned that it was a little low but in keeping of where it was on the service frequency.

I guess I could have shopped around even more, bought the tyres separately but I guess the main dealer will know their cars better than some of the other national chains.

One happy chappy.

spooky_b329

I had the opposite, asked a Ford dealer to price match a Ford quick fit type place, they did but they did the bare minimum, for a dealer service I was expecting to be able to tell it had actually gone in for a service seeing as it was a dealer, but no. They had even chopped off the anti-corrosion check (which was the sole reason I took it to Ford) I paid extra on pick up so they would do the corrosion check. They did it, completely missed all the rusty door sills, but the main thing is I got the all important stamp in the book. The the following day I booked it into their bodyshop for a warranty repair on the sills 🙂

letmetalktomark

Sounds poor Spooky 🙁

Fortunately not had anything like that from our dealer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Car bits ….. Using the main dealer.’ is closed to new replies.