Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Car air-con: quote to fix
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Hi,

Just had a quote to fix air-con after diagnosis this morning. £235 all in to replace condensor raidator which is cracked/leaking and re-gas. Car is a Ford Fiesta 08 plate.

Anyone had any experience of similar work done and know if this is a good price? Seem like a professional outfit from my visit this morning.

Ta

ChrisHeath

I was quoted over 400 quid to do the same on my Fiat a couple of years back.

It’s still broken. I open a window instead.

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers for the info Chris. The window has been open for a while now but I want it sorted after deafening myself on the motorway for too long!

allthegear
    Free Member

REMEMBER – the hot weather is entirely dependent on you NOT getting your aircon fixed. We will never forgive you if the weather changes after you have had it done…

nickewen
    Free Member

Haha! Pay day is not for 2.5 weeks so it should be be hot until at least the end of August…

patriotpro
    Free Member
    V8_shin_print
    Free Member

seems cheap to me, a new condenser and re-gas for my Saab 9-5 was over £600. Glad i did it though, a black car with black leather and regular 5+ hour drives isn’t any fun without air-con.

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers all. £600 whoahh! Sounds like it was necessary though. An ageing car really can bite you in the arse and empty your wallet at any time…

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

It’s an ’03 which we’ve had for 7 years and has now done 170,000 miles so the money i have saved by not upgrading to the latest Audi means I can afford the occasional large bill. So long as the bills don’t come too often I can cope with the squeaks and rattles 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not sure of the detail, but look at this
    http://www.sultas.co.uk/airconservice.php

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced the condenser on my Saab 9-3 myself. It cost 65 quid and took me less than an hour. I had itrregassed but it didn’t last more than 24hrs, so they did it for free after I changed the condenser because that should have spotted it to begin with

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Recently quoted similar for a new evaporator unit. Aircon ain’t cheap. My local Halfords Autocentre can usually beat any quote I get though…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Apparently the condenser is bust on my Peugeot Expert Van £400 to fix apparently.

samuri
    Free Member

We were quoted £400 to replace the condensor in my wife’s A3 from a trusted garage. We were just about to get it done when someone wrote her car off.

Which was lucky.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like I’ve been given a reasonable quote from a decent outfit. Just need to wait until pay day to be cool again..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Car air-con: quote to fix’ is closed to new replies.