Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car advice – steel wheels
  • teacake
    Free Member

Hi there.

I’m considering buying a cheapo set of steel wheels and fitting winter tyres – then changing them before and after winter.

What kind of price should I be paying for a second hand of steel wheels in fine condition? Have found a set for £100.

Any advice?
    Cheers!

trail_rat
    Free Member

25 quid a wheel seems to be the ebay price.

Our local scrappy wanted 40 quid a wheel with the sorriest looking tires you ever saw.

I remember as a kid in my mk3 fiesta getting 13 inch ford pattern wheels from persley den with good tires for 15 quid a corner.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

For comparison: tyreleader.co.uk sells common sizes for £30 – £35 each: new, incl delivery to the uk.

globalti
    Free Member

£100 is good but check Ebay and phone around a few dealers, we got lucky when we found a local Citroen dealer flogging a set of four new steel wheels for a C1 for a few quid each. If you buy from a scrappie be sure to get them to agree that if any wheel turns out to be wobbly, they will refund your money as some will have come off crashed cars. Count on a tenner each for tyre fitting and balancing and warn the fitter to spin the wheels before they start in case any are wobbly.

Winter tyres are ace; you can go out and play in the new snow when everybody else is cowering indoors worrying about bread and milk supplies.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Winter tyres are ace; you can go out and play in the new snow when everybody else is cowering indoors worrying about bread and milk supplies.

And you can park outside the Spar like this:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car advice – steel wheels’ is closed to new replies.