Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Capra v nomad?
  • nastybuller
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden both bikes (I’m talking about the new nomad) and is the capra better because of financial reasons or is it better full stop or is it not as good?

Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

caspian
    Free Member

You started a thread two days ago saying you’d already ordered a Capra.
    With this in mind, the answer is as follows:
    The Nomad is far better and you need to sell me your Capra at a discounted price immediately after arrival.

tomaso
    Free Member

Do you like “Young Talent” ? Do you trust them to actually answer an email if you have a problem.

Santa Cruz wins hands down on cachet and back up.

nastybuller
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve ordered a capra, I suppose I’m just wanting to confirm that I made the right choice. In all fairness the guys at yt are quick to respond to any queries.

wrecker
    Free Member

Not ridden either so no idea which rides best, but the Capra smashes the nomad to a pulp for value (and I’m an sc rider).

hartcliffeburner

YT are really quite good at answering emails and sorting out warranty issues, thank god.

RickDraper
    Free Member

YT are really quite good at answering emails and sorting out warranty issues, thank god.

My mate has had a vastly different experience to you then.

Fast to answer emails when he was buying but after sales issues were shit. No contact at all from them for 2-3 weeks and as soon as he slated them on social media he had a reply instantly.

Bike seems nice though.

hartcliffeburner

They’ve been great with me, pretty much got a reply within a day for emails and all warranty issues were sorted within a reasonable time frame.

kimbers

Capras wins on price, even if the after sales is shit you could buy a bangin hardtail (honzo?) to tide you over till yt sorted you out ,and still be quids in over a nomad

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve ridden both, and owned the Nomad. I could ride the Nomad faster, mainly because I don’t really like the soggy feeling of FSR suspension.

They are IMO both too small though. Not such an issue with SC as you can size up, but if you’re over 6ft YT have no XL, and the bike isn’t long, or roomy in the reach department by current standards.

There are better bikes than both out the I think. Plenty of people love them though. YT sounds great but it’s always a concern to me if it turned up and I hated how it rode. Doesn’t matter how cheap it is then…

tomaso
    Free Member

Short reach stopped me from buying a Wicked…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.santacruzbicycles.co.uk/dealers/1
    Well you can probably demo a Nomad before the Capra arrives and see what you think. Bikes can be very subjective.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Capra v nomad?’ is closed to new replies.