Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Capra pro race carbon
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Got the bike in my basket but does anyone think I can spend the same amount on something better? Also as the bike is out of stock till July do I have to pay now or maybe a week or so before it is ready to be dispatched?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I found nothing better at the price. Then I found Pauls were doing Carbon Jekylls dirt cheap.

I probably should have got the Capra.

swainy90
    Free Member

The only other bike I have test rode that is similar price was the giant reign 1 can get for £3600 and tbf was an awesome bike but not carbon. Do you have to pay now is a biggy also cuz haven’t got full amount yet but believe pay 2 weeks before??????

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I never went through with the Capra as the Jekyll was a grand cheaper. As I say I in some ways wish I gone down the more conventional bike route. Being honest I’d do whatever you can to get the money asap as I think the exchange rate is only going to get worse .

Trimix
    Free Member

No is the answer.

Just look at the spec !

Also Google the reviews and talk to owners.

swainy90
    Free Member

The only other thing that puts me off a little is the geometry. The giant in medium has a longer top tube than the capra in large plus seat tube is much bigger in the capra large than the medium giant. For a short arse 5,9 it makes it tricky which size to go for……

Trimix
    Free Member

Well its got to fit perfectly. No amount of top spec kit will help if the bike doesn’t fit.

grum
    Free Member

Get a medium IMO. I’m 5’8 and my medium is perfect.

poah
    Free Member

yes you can get a better bike but you would have as top end spec. it all depends if you value the kit or the bike frame as better.

swainy90
    Free Member

I don’t know if the seat tube will be that much of a factor but top tube length on the large is perfect

BoardinBob

Mate has one and he absolutely beasts the thing. Proper full on rider. Other than the rear shock playing up his has been solid. He’s an absolute maniac on the bike and if he can’t kill it, no one can.

swainy90
    Free Member

What do people recommend if your in between sizes?? Go up or go down?

craig78
    Free Member

My LBS is doing a awesome deal on last years Giant Reign Advance in medium if interested, gotta be a cash/card sale but that’s just as good if not better of a option.

zero-cool
    Free Member

They’re a great bike. They pedal and climb great anddescend even better. We have an Alu one and a Carbon Pro in our house and either are up there with some of the best bikes I’ve ridden including some that cost over twice as much.

Tom KP

Rosss
    Free Member

Simple answer is no, as far as value for money goes they’re about as good as it gets. Other bikes, climb better, are lighter, decend better but I found the Capra is around the best long travel bike for respectable money if you want a decent spec. I’ve had a few years on one now so feel free if you want to chat about them. For what it’s worth I’d probably go large at that size but you really are boarderline..

Plenty of people about with them see if you can have a quick spin, if you’re Staffordshire area you’re welcome to a spin on mine

antennae
    Free Member

YT seem to have cottoned on that their bikes were a touch short in the top tube, and the new Jeffsy 27 is a good bit longer. I expect they’ll update the Capra to follow suit at some point.

I’m 5’9″ too, 30″ inside leg, new Jeffsy is absolutely spot on in medium.

Have you thought about the 160mm Jeffsy 27? What sort of riding are you doing?

Radon Swoop is another good value option…

What do people recommend if your in between sizes?? Go up or go down?

Definitely up with a Capra

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Radon Swoop or Rose Uncle Jimbo might be close on value I reckon but not much in it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Capra pro race carbon’ is closed to new replies.