• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by robw1.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Capra owners
  • widge34
    Free Member

I’m 5’8.5″
    Would I be better on small or medium frame?
    What do you all ride?

scubashark
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ and on a medium. Works for me. Hope that helps

widge34
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve never ridden a small frame. Always mediums.

trusty

5’8.5″? Since when? 😉 Gary’s got a medium capra in Ross I think. As far as I know he’s doing the WVW ride Saturday if you’re about

Trimix
    Free Member

Im 5 foot 11 and ride a Large. I test rode a Medium, for me it was way too small. So for you Id go Medium.

See if you can have a sit / carpark spin on one. I bumped into a few owners in the carpark at the FoD. Spent ages chatting and sitting and carpark riding.

Im near Oxford if you want to see what a large is like.

widge34
    Free Member

Trusty. I’m 5’9 in heels 😉

dnhross

Widge, steer clear of the small, try Gary’s med and if you want a comparison I’m riding a large and I’m 5’9″ ish

Give me a shout if you want to throw a leg over it

wiggles
    Free Member

I know someone who had a medium whyte G150 that thought it was a bit big so bought a small capra for his next bike. Looks like a BMX when he is on it, geo wise a large capra was more similar to his medium so beware comparing them to other bikes…

widge34
    Free Member

Widge, steer clear of the small, try Gary’s med and if you want a comparison I’m riding a large and I’m 5’9″ ish

Give me a shout if you want to throw a leg over it

Cheers. Thanks for the offer. I’m sure the medium would be fine as YT sizing suggests a small for me. Strangely they advise a large for the Jeffsy.

trusty

They recommend a large Jeffsy? That’s surprising as the measurements are similar to my large Vitus.

Milkie
    Free Member

Definately not a small. My friend who is 5’9″ has a medium and it is too small for him. I’m 5’8″ and medium suits me ok, but I prefer did prefer very small frames. I would definitely try one first, if you have ape like arms a Large might suit you better.

I would never ever buy a YT though! The only thing that hasn’t been replaced on my friends bike is the frame, but that has an oval headset cup that the bearings rattle in, they said is normal. 2 Months for replacing each parts is pretty poor (shock x2, forks x2, BB, Seatpost x2, Wheels).. That’s over 6 months his bike has been in bits on the floor awaiting replacement parts. There are a lot of people who have not had a single problem, I’m sure they will mention it after this post. 😆
    😉

It is a good bike though, when it works.

Trimix
    Free Member

*mentions it*

bgascoyne
    Free Member

I am 178cm and I have large. A medium would be way to small for me. For your height I would def go for medium.

Rickos
    Free Member

You replacing the ‘dale, Widge?

widge34
    Free Member

No. keeping the Beast Rick. Might get a full susser at some point. Good price on the Capra at the moment though. Although I have heard of a lot of reliability issues with them. Like the Vitus Escarpe too.

alexxx
    Free Member

im 5ft11 on a large – wouldn’t have wanted it any smaller, you’re 100% a medium unless you like a larger bike then you should get a large. However the medium will probably feel bang on as a standard “medium” they don’t seem particularly odd with their sizing.

Rosss
    Free Member

Yep 100% medium. I’m 6ft and borderline it being too small to be honest, you maybe even like a large with a 125mm drop post. You’re welcome to throw a leg over mine in Staffordshire. I had the seat stay changed on mine as I was unhappy with the paint quality which was super easy and a credit to Yt. No other issues at all, they’re not all bad ha!

robw1
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and I have a medium. tried a large and a medium back to back (couple of mates had them already) and the large just didn’t feel right. Rode it at an uplift and a couple of big all day rides in the lakes and it was comfy. I expect if I got a large I would be fine on that too….so try both if you can.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Capra owners’ is closed to new replies.