Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Capital trail Edinburgh
  • fergal
    Free Member

Thinking of doing this in the summer, how easy is it to follow, as i won’t have a garmin, are there any sections you would miss out, ride cheeky. i particularly like the three brethren and Gypsy glen, so would be doing it for this reason, a tour over a couple of days is really appealing, cheers for any advice.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

V. difficult to follow without a garmin. I know a few people dropped out last year for this reason. Would you be able to borrow one from someone?

joshvegas
    Free Member

ride cheeky

Scotland innit

JPR
    Free Member

It covers all the best bits it can in a single loop, but if doing it over a few days you could always spend more time around the Innerleithen and Glentress trails. Plenty of non-trail centre stuff around there.

lightman
    Free Member

If you have plenty of time to read a map, then you may find your way okay, but I checked out the first half last year, and I went the wrong way a few times, it was very easy to do on some of the sections and I had a gps.

kcr
    Free Member

You would need to do some close map reading without GPS, there are lots of junctions and wee jinks that would be easy to miss. In fact, I was following the organiser at one point, and he missed a wee path just before Pencaitland and we emerged on the wrong side of a bridge!
    It’s a good route, and a lot of work went into the planning, so I’m sure you will enjoy it.

dknwhy

I’ve booked my train tickets to do it at the end of April. Planning on 3-4 easy days bikepacking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Capital trail Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.