Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Canyoning
  • Caher

Has anyone ever been canyoning? Did you survive?

jam-bo

unintentionally.

allyharp

Unintentionally survived?

jam-bo

i was supposed to go over that waterfall in my kayak….

alwyn
    Free Member

Yes! I have done it three times and it is the most awesome thing you will ever do! I ended up doing a 20m rock jump into a plunge pool and going down some amazing natural water slides. I went twice in Turkey and once in southern France. Make sure the people know what they are doing and make sure you don't go on a tame root (that would be really rubbish). Hire a wetsuit or you will freeze, good luck!

SkillWill
    Free Member

Yep, done it in Wales near Machnylleth. COLD! Good fun though.

Pook

It's awesome. Jumping off a thirty foot waterfall or taking the zip wire? I'll jump thanks.

Massive exhiliration and great fun. Bloody cold though

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Did this in Norway instead of rafting – hard hat, wetsuit, life jacket and a guide. It's wonderful being in the river like an otter, and I'm normally uncomfortable in water (can barely swim) and with heights. You need to be shown where the safe jump-in/slide-down/climb-out points are so that the scary ones are optional. They got progressively bigger and I bottled the last one – it was a scramble up a small cliff and an 11 metre drop!

It's also kinda similar to the coasteering I did in Pembrokeshire. The biggest I managed then was about 10 metres, but it had an easy scramble up and a clean jump-off into a deep pool. Scared me witless!

Do it, it's magical.

Caher

I have a chance of going to Interlaken on Friday and saw a you tube video and some of the drops looked a bit mad.

teef
    Free Member

I've been twice – brilliant fun but I was very glad when it was over.
    Canyons are graded according to difficulty – I doubt if they'd take you on a really difficult one first time.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the couple I've done

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Canyoning’ is closed to new replies.