Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Canyon XC – need to try one for size
  • jamtart
    Free Member

Hi, Would anyone in Berkshire/Surrey area be willing to let me have a quick go on a Canyon XC. I’m not sure whether I need a Small or Medium. I have ridden Medium on Cube AMS, and that was comfortable, but sizing guide on Canyon’s site is recommending Small. I’ve seen a few forums where people have got the wrong size, and I don’t want to make an expensive mistake 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hi Jamtart.

Sorry not in your neck of the woods but what height are you? What’s your inside leg? Any oddities about your other dimensions?

I’ve found the online guide fine for me – 5’10ish – online recommended a med and it’s perfect.

jamtart
    Free Member

Hi CSW (if I can call you that?). I’m 5′ 9.5. No real oddities – inside leg is 32inches. online Canyon site recommended Small. I tried varying some of the sizes (everything except height) and it pretty much stayed with Small. I would be nervous about just going on that recommendation as I have ridden medium bikes before.

jamtart
    Free Member

Is there anyone who is willing to let me try their Canyon Nerve for size. I live close to Swinley Forest, Bracknell – so could meet on a ride to suit you. Coffee/cake/ice-cream/beer can be provided. 🙂

keefus
    Free Member

jamtart…..you is the same hight as me with the same inside leg measurement. I have a Canyon Nerve X9 in a medium and its perfect. I would willingly let you have a go on mine but live just a likkle bit too far away in Dorset. Sorry. Anyways buy one, they are bloody awesome bikes with kit you just wouldnt believe for the price.

lucien

I ride a Canyon Nerve XC – in a large size. It is 19.5″ and I’m 5’11” tall – it’s quite large as well and good for XC riding – I’m in Southampton if you want to venture a bit further and have a ride although I would think the medium would be good if you like a “stretched” position and ride mainly XC or race XC, the small would be good if you want a bit more bouncy fun?

They do come up big

Gribs

5’10” with 31″ legs on a medium Nerve AM here and I’d really not want it any smaller.

karl1824
    Free Member

Nerve AM, 5’9″ inside leg 81cm,take short leg in trousers, medium just right.Looking at your measurements, I would not go for small.

jamtart
    Free Member

Thank you all for your comments.

Keefus, shame you’re not closer. Would have been ideal, and may also have got me spending more 🙂 currently thinking about the 7.0

Lucien, I do get the impression that they come up big. Think large will definitely be big for me. However, I do venture to So’ton on occasion. Might take you up on a meet if I havent’t made my mind up (if still ok with you) just to see the bike in the flesh.

Gribs and Karl1824 – my mind’s tellin me Medium, just need to be sure though b4 mailing the financial commitment…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jamtart – you’re so close in dimensions to me I’d bet £1 of my own money that you are a actually a MEDIUM!

If its the wrong size / shade of black or whatever – Canyon do a 30 day refund thing. tbf I’ve never heard of anyone doing this but to me I took it as a 30 day test ride – no questions asked.

Also it comes with a longish stem as standard- if I had a shorter height / upper there’s at least an inch of change right there.

Scapegoat

Just a shade under 6’0″ with a 33″ inside leg, so shortish trunk and arms, the site recommended a medium and my 18.5 AM frame is absolutely spot on.

lucien

@ jamtart – mail in profile, PM me if you want to eye it up. I could do with an excuse to give it a wash etc

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Thinking about it logically – which bike manufacturer would recommend small for someone 5’10” ?

Medium for someone 6’4″ ? Large for someone 7′ ?

jamtart
    Free Member

Thanks lucien.will do if coming to So’ton and still undecided. Much appreciated.

jamtart
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice CSW.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Canyon XC – need to try one for size’ is closed to new replies.