Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • …………….Canyon Ultimate SLX help please………………..
  • compkiler
    Free Member

Hi guys, just after info really on what your thoughts are on the Canyon Ultimate SLX.
    I was thinking about the 8.0 model, with some Fuerte Bici 50mm carbon rims bought seperatly?

Hopefully someone here might own one as i was curious on sizing?

Many thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I actually built one of these up today. To be brutally honest, it’s one of the very very nicest bikes I’ve ever had the pleasure to work on. The one I worked on had Campag Record and Lightweight carbon tubs on it. It came in at 6.25kg including Ultegra pedals. I really liked the bare carbon finish and simple graphics. It looked like a works prototype, and that made it special. I’ve worked on quite few Canyons now and their quality and attention to detail is first rate.
    It was utterly utterly gorgeous. I’d take one over a Cervelo any day of the week.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is it

Canyon Ultimate by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

taxi25
    Free Member

Bought the 8.0 model but put my own record groupset on it. Its a great bike, just waiting for some dry weather to get out on it properly, all this wet riding doesn’t do it justice.
    Size wise I’m 6ft with a 33″ inside leg. Got the large which is spot on, changed the stem to a120mm, the std one is 110mm but to short for me. The Canyon size guide suggested a medium, I could have ridden it but would have needed a longer stem again and the seat would have been a bit high.
    If your in S.Wales your welcome to try it for size.
    P.s
    If anyone wants a new, fitted but unused 11spd ultegra groupset looking for £450 + postage.

compkiler
    Free Member

Thanks Taxi, unfortunately I’m in norfolk so dout I’ll pop over lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘…………….Canyon Ultimate SLX help please………………..’ is closed to new replies.