Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon ultimate sizing
  • homer

Anyone any experience of sizing on the ultimate cf slx. Am 182cm and between a medium and large, edging towards the large for the taller head tube but interested in others experience. Any thoughts on record or dura-ace options?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

No real feedback but at 183 and tempted by Canyons I’m in the same boat but leaning towards M, based on their calculator and composing geo with my 58cm Cube Agree.

What do you ride now?

homer

current bike is 52 colnago ace with 115mm stem, colnago sizing is a bit strange so it’s really a 56. The current top tube length makes me medium but head tube much taller than the canyon. I was thinking large canyon with maybe 100mm stem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ve just gone through this (180cm) and comparing the dimensions to my current bike I should get a L. However, the sizing guide has me at M. It’s worth doing the online guide 2 or 3 times. If you’re comparing bikes Reach and Stack height are the important dimensions to compare rather than traditional numbers. I don’t think the headtubes are that short so with spacers I doubt you’d find the drop too much. If it is there’s always compact bars. A 115mm stem would probably sit better on the M if you want to keep handling similar. Check the rake of the fork also.

The trend certainly seems to be for erring on the side of smaller frames in the peleton (if that bothers you). Phil Gilbert is 6ft and rides a 51cm frame!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon ultimate sizing’ is closed to new replies.