Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Torque EX Vertride – 2016
  • John25
    Free Member

Great spec on this bike

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/gravity/torque-ex/torque-ex-vertride.html

Don’t like the shape shifter on the strive

Only 2 concerns about the Torque:

1 – Fox 36 Float fork – Are these good? I remember a few years back the Fox forks were very problematic

2 – Is the Torque too heavy to be used for Enduro racing?

Thanks

chrishc777
    Free Member

The float 36 is supposedly the best ‘duro fork, just very expensive.

The Torque is alot of bike for uk enduro racing, no heavier on paper than alot of 150-160mm bikes though. If you’re really fit you could get away with it. A mate of mine just sold his torque and bought an alpine, he loves the alpine, i demod one and hated it..

chakaping
    Free Member

2 – Is the Torque too heavy to be used for Enduro racing?

Just over the cusp I think.

More of a freeride-lite kinda bike. Pretty short too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Uses an obsolete standard……26″ wheels.The trail will never come alive.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I’ve had a torque for 3 years. Its been awesome, use it for everything local trails to bpw to alps downhill. Got climb switch on cs air and talas 180 forks and it only weighs 31.5lbs (calibrated scales) so no problem getting up the biggest lakes climbs.

The frame itself is not heavy, I did weigh it when I first got it but can’t remember what it was now. I would guess around 7.5lbs.

Downhill its sublime, but its a lot of travel so some people might be offended by its smoothing out of the trail.

The fork initially was a float and got some scratches inside the air tube but added talas cartidge for a hundred quid and been fine since.

John25
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Torque EX Vertride – 2016’ is closed to new replies.