Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon torque dhx/kage shock
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Just got my torque dhx whipzone and took it out yesterday, it feels really good apart from on a couple of occasions it made a pretty horrible noise, it happened a couple of time when going slowly off small drops. Sounded like it was bottoming out but cant see any marks on the bash ring. Shock has the sag set correctly. Just wondering if anyone else had had this happen? Could it be the shock? Going faster off larger drops was fine, no noise. Hopping slowly off a 1 foot drop though made a right racket!

ekul
    Free Member

Do you have your seat dropped as far as it will go? I had the exact same on mine, kept thinking my pivots were dry and it was the frame creaking. I eventually noticed that the back of my saddle was frayed, turned out that at full compression the wheel was actually catching the saddle. Moved it up and haven’t had a problem since. The only issue is I hit some quite big drops whilst this was happening and I think the impact might have ruined the bearing in the wheel!

legend
    Free Member

Mine’s silent. I’d take the shock off and move the suspension though it’s range to check for any issues

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jakehinton
    Free Member

Yes the seat is as low as it will go, no marks on the saddle but its only happened a couple of times. I removed the shock and the suspension is smooth but the wheel does hit the rear of the seat if you lower the bike as low as it goes without the shock in place. Weird that its happening on small slow drops and not on large ones with more speed though

legend
    Free Member

Is it hitting the seat when the travel indicator is at max? Unlikely to cause any problem unless it hits so hard it’s like you’ve jammed the brake on

ekul
    Free Member

Hmmm whether you’re landing a bit heavier due to the slower speeds if that makes sense? When it was doing it on mine one of them was so violent it caused a noticeable lurch and the whole bike vibrated, but then I’m a big guy on a soft spring. I’ve since put a 550lb spring on and it does feel a lot better, yet to use it in anger yet though and I’m about 105-110kg kitted up.

But annoyed about the bearings though I’ve only had the bike out about 6 times.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Just taken the spring off the shock and when its fully compressed the seat hits rear wheel. Putting the seat up an inch or so seems like it should stop it. Im only light about 68kg and using a 300lb spring, think im gonna get a 325 aswell.
    Seems like a slight design floor if you cant run the seat right down low.
    Would canyon replace bearings for you?
    Would adding a bit of compression damping stop it bottoming out so much on slower hits?

jakehinton
    Free Member

Just taken the spring off the shock and when its fully compressed the seat hits rear wheel. Putting the seat up an inch or so seems like it should stop it. Im only light about 68kg and using a 300lb spring, think im gonna get a 325 aswell.
    Would canyon replace bearings for you?
    Would adding a bit of compression damping stop it bottoming out so much on slower hits?

legend
    Free Member

Happens on loads of DH bikes, you could always move the saddle forward instead if you really want it that low.

Less extra damping will help, but will also compromise the suspension elsewhere. It’s you’re trade off, but unless you’re really short I’d just move the saddle slightly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon torque dhx/kage shock’ is closed to new replies.