Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon Torque DHX
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Just seen these on canyons site and look like a good price for potential first dh bike. Anyone had one? Pleased with it?

BoardinBob

I’ve had one for a couple of years now. It’s been great and very reliable. Only had to change rear wheel bearings. I’ve done 3 weeks in the alps, fort william, inners, glencoe & dunkeld and it’s never missed a beat.

ekul
    Free Member

Got one in December. Love it. 😀

It is my first downhill bike though. My only previous experience was a Transition TR500 in Pila for the day. Considering the Canyon was about £1500 less than the Transition I’d be hard pressed to tell the difference in riding them.

Ridiculously confidence-inspiring. I’ve hit stuff without even thinking about it, whereas on my trail bike I’d be umming and ahhing about it before probably bottling it.

Definitely needs steep trails to get the most out of it though, the springs on mine are probably too soft for me anyway but it is hard work to pedal about!

The spec is pretty decent (full Zee running gear) and from what I’ve read the frame is very good if you get round to upgrading it. It also looks the Dogs with the chrome red and the black boxxers. But thats a matter of opinion!

Also look at the YT Tues for a similar bike with similar price/spec. Or even the Radon Swoop 210.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Ive been looking at the YT and Nukeproof Pulse as well, though i do like the look of the Canyon in red and it is the best price. Though i maybe tempted to spend a bit more and get the next one up with the ccdb shock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Torque DHX’ is closed to new replies.