Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canyon strive real world weights, reviews
  • kirky72
    Free Member

Looking at getting a carbon strive. I’m aware of the potential hassle with the shape shifter but supposedly improved in 2016.

Just finding the stated weights a bit odd, with the team model with mavic enduro wheels carbon cranks xx11 drive train and carbon bars at 12.9kg and the 8 race with xo1 standard renthal bars and rail 40 wheels which must be 250/300gm heavier comes in at 12.7kg according to their spec lists.

Can anybody shed any light on this or what the real world weight is after setting up tubeless etc.

Also just how good is it climbing hills, currently got a scout which is a good all rounds but bobs a fair but climbing and occasionally I wouldn’t mind that little big more travel. Had a enduro and that was a bit too much for long rides with the great descent thrown in every now and then. Looking for that unicorn of one bike for everything.

richwak
    Free Member

Stay well away from canyon. I’ve had a strive for a year now and did have issues with the old shapeshifter which now seems sorted however their aftersales service is poor. Damaged rear seatstays on mine and they cannot sell me a replacement but have offered crash replacement for £1300!!! They only offer full frames if you damage the stays so ends up being very expensive. They also take days to answer emails so trying to get a problem sorted takes weeks with emails going backwards and forwards slower than the post. Now having to send back for warranty as the frame has developed white marks on it where water has got under the laquer.

Kamakazie

I can’t offer specifics but I get the impression that the consensus is that there claimed weights vary from ambitions to ridiculous depending on your opinion.

janesy81
    Free Member

Love mine. Thought Shapeshifter might be a gimmick, but actually really impressed by the difference it makes. Maybe very slightly over 13kg for a Large 2015 CF9 Race with pedals – measured by picking up whilst stood on bathroom scales, so not overly precise though. No idea about customer service as I’ve never had a problem with it

chakaping
    Free Member

Friend has a CF9 race and it is impressively light.

He said he’d buy the same again, despite shapeshifter issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canyon strive real world weights, reviews’ is closed to new replies.