Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon Strive owners – shape shifter fix by Bike yoke – anyone tried it?
  • bgascoyne
    Free Member

Looking at purchasing a Strive – the value for money just looks to good! However as per a lot of people I am slightly worried about the shapeshifter issues. I came across a device (click here to view) made by bikeyoke that can replace the shapeshifter if it really craps out. Anyone tried one of these on their Strive – any comments about how it handles/performs?? Obviously you lose the ability to change on the fly, but at least there is still the option and you can continue to ride the bike. Looks like it could be a long term solution??

Cheers

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yep – my shapeshifter died months ago and waited and then gave up waiting for a new shapeshifter.

I run the bikeyoke modefixxer with no problems.

the strive pedals perfectly well in DH mode anyhow – so losing the shapeshifter is no big deal…

also considerably lighter once you have lost all the cabling etc.

bikeparkdent
    Free Member

You don’t even need the bikeyoke modefixxer. I removed the cable from my shapeshifter and locked it out in downhill mode. It still climbs incredibly well.

The shapeshifter is great when it works but it really isn’t required and the strive is still amazing without it.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I had to remove my shapeshifter and bleed to lock in DH mode – didn’t want to risk it going again so got the bikeyoke (quite abit lighter as well)

AdeC
    Free Member

The shapeshifter in my 2015 strive packed in in May this year. Canyon replaced it within a week and offered to pay for a bike shop to swap the faulty one out.
    Declined that as its a 5 min job to change it. The 2016 SS seems much better. Its easier to get to the right pressure and the mode change is much more positive.

No idea why anyone would use a modefixxer unless their Strive was out of warranty.

freeridenick
    Free Member

my shapeshifter went in January – still yet to get a new one from canyon!! gave up contacting them after many emails…

2016 shapeshifters still blow up after a while – see the 300 page thread on pinkbike

the bike rides fine without it – less to go wrong

I’m HAPPY

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the info. Sounds like riding the bike with a blown SS is perfectly ok and the modefixer also works a treat. Being a mechanical piece of gear would it not just be a case of fixing seals, valves etc to get it working again. They cant be that complex??

Now to decide on what size I need…..easier said than done!

freeridenick
    Free Member

In theory yes,
    the problem is something that small with such tiny seals is not going to deal so well all that pressure – so it will always ultimately fail…

hence why I wacked the modeifxxer in to eliminate any problems,
    I rode half a week in Spain with it jumping between xc and DH mode which was extremely annoying

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive owners – shape shifter fix by Bike yoke – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.