Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canyon strive cf main pivot bearings, where to buy?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Looking good for some strive cf 2015 swing arm pivot bearings.
    Canyon spec says :
    AC-Bearing 7902V-2RD 15x28x7mm

I’m struggling to find them, searches seem to bring up:
    7902-2RS MAX Enduro Angular Contact Bearing 15x28x7
    Is this the same ?

MB bearing list a full set for £65 but I can only feel play in the main pivot so didn’t want to change them all.
    Cheers.

richwak
    Free Member

I have the same bike and the bearings you listed are the correct ones. I would however suggest that you remove the pivot bolts and try to turn the bearings rather than relying on the ‘play’ you mention. The two sets of main pivot bearings become seized after 3 ish months of ridingas they have no extra sealing other than the ones in the bearing itself. Due to them being covered in mud every ride they seize up quick. The bearings on the rocker last much longer.
    You should also check the ones on the chainstays as they don’t survive longer either. They can be a bugger to get out due to there being two bearings back to back.
    In order to extend the life of the bearings i pop the seals off, ritate the bearings and regrease once a months, more often if it’s really muddy.
    If you need any help contact me and i’ll try to help.
    How long have you had the bike?

mark_rich
    Free Member

Cheers.
    I’ll start to strip it down and have a look, probably end up replacing the lot by the sounds of it. I’ve had it about 18 months but it’s not been ridden every week.
    Do i need any special tools?
    Any good sources for the bearings? Going rate seems to be around £65ish

Muzzy
    Free Member

Ordered these from Wych Bearings, total price ~£65. Seem much better quality than the originals:

6801-2RS-MAX-Enduro x2 12x21x5 £4.95 each

6901-2RS-MAX-Enduro x2 12x24x6 £5.75

698-E-LLU-MAX-Enduro x4 8X19X6/7.5 £4.95

7902-2RS-MAX-Enduro x2 15x28x7 £6.45

removing them is a bit of a pain, as they fall apart if they’re knackered. Have to tap out the outer races. Need something like the RRP bearing press to install the new ones. Price mounts up – would probably be cheaper to get a bike shop to do it, until they need changing again! Cheers

snooze
    Free Member

If you contact Canyon, they will send you an exploded diagram which you can use to identify the part numbers and place an order with them. I did this for a few parts I was after for my Strive and the whole process took less than a week

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canyon strive cf main pivot bearings, where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.