Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon Strive 9.0 Race sizing query
  • selaciosa
    Free Member

So I did their online size calculator thingy and it reckons I should get a small.

I’m 5″8 and all the current trends on size 😕 are telling me I should be getting the medium. What do people reckon – will the medium be too big.

I currently ride a medium Bronson 1 which feels alright.

chakaping
    Free Member

I might be able to help you here as I’m just over 5ft 8in myself and I’ve had a go on one.

Now I have short legs and a long body so I like a frame with about 460mm reach – which is long for someone my height.

I tried my pal’s large Strive (468mm reach) and it was alright, but maybe just a bit too much. The medium is 448mm reach, which would probably be a shade too short for my taste. I wouldn’t even consider the small.

If you are not stumpy legged, I’d say medium for sure.

julzm
    Free Member

The race small is the normal medium if that makes sense. I know someone who rides a medium bronson who also had a small race strive. Size was fine, it wasn’t short reach or anything.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ivorhogseye
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ I ride a medium. I think a small would be too small

carlphillips
    Free Member

5’8″ puts you square in the middle of the medium race size which is more like a traditional ‘large’
    canyon sizing chart

richwak
    Free Member

I am 5’8 with a 32 inch inside leg length and ride a medium race and the size is perfect. Got mine last year and still waiting for a replacement shapeshifter. Hopefully the new units will be more reliable. Apart from problems with shapeshifter the bike is great.

donncha

I’m the same height as you with a 30″ inseam.
    Had a go on one at the Wicklow Enduro & the Canyon guys thought a small race (which is the same length as the medium normal geo but with more stand over height) would fit me best which I agreed with.
    Tbh I think either would fit you.
    Ended up going for a Yeti tho….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive 9.0 Race sizing query’ is closed to new replies.