Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon spectral with 160mm fork
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

My spectral came with pikes set at 150mm. I was thinking about upping them to 160mm. Has anyone already done it? How did you find it?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My Spectral came with 130mm Fox 32s, and I replaced with 150mm Pikes, I haven’t died yet.

jamesg55
    Free Member

it was death I was cornered with. I know the frame will take it as it’s only 10mm up from where I’m at. I was more interested to find if people noticed a difference due to change in geometry

big_scot_nanny

I cannot comment on the Spectral, but on my old NP mega 10mm made a huge difference.

170mm = great!
    180mm = flip floppy horror show!

HTH?

Slacks
    Free Member

I’ve this years spectral with a Pike. Are you able to adjust the travel on them? I’d be interested to see how you get on.

I’m having fun trying to get the CCDB inline worked out. Think I might end up having to read the manual.

jamesg55
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcCIFguChA for changing the forks

I have inline and I’m still on the base setting. everytime I change it the feel isn’t the same. suppose that’s the point of the base setting

Slacks
    Free Member

I found when I was out in the alps (trans provence) I was bobbing a lot on the climbs. I kept the base and put in more air so there was less sag than recommended. Then i started fiddling…. might have to go back to base and be more careful.

Cheers for link.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon spectral with 160mm fork’ is closed to new replies.