Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Canyon Spectral Reviews?
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Anybody got a spectral? Would rather one of the carbon models but budget and Mrs aren’t in favor.
    Looking at the AL EX 7.0.

How does the spectral compare to a orange 5? I know probably apples and oranges, but find my 5 a bit of a tank unless it’s pointing downhill.
    My 5 has pike 150mm on the front, so suspension travel wise is pretty much the same.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

I’ve got the Al EX 7.0 and love it. Amazing spec for the money. It’s really light and climbs well but also really good downhill too. Last bike was a transition covert so probably a bit more burly than your orange. I loved my covert but now I think the canyon is by far the better bike.

andybrad

Spoke to a few people with them.all have said they are an amazing bike

All have said they would never buy another canyon after issues ranging from billing to build quality

I’d like one.

nobbyq
    Free Member

I’ve got one , had it 2 years , its a good bike , i find it a bit twitchy at speed but i not very good so might be me , love their bikes but the company sucks so much i won’t buy another

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve already got a canyon, no problems with it and no complaints to after sales support, maybe I’m the lucky one..

mrhoppy

Had one, it was fine as an all-round type bike but I just couldn’t gel with it properly over the 2 years I had it. It’s a potato of a bike; perfectly good, staple diet and will work in most situations but not particularly inspiring.

Bought a remedy 29 which I find better in every way.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the first Spectrals, basically all good except two minor niggles.
    First the top tube is a touch short on pedally bits, but seems to make much more sense when standing on downs.
    Second the Float CTD shock is a little prone to blowing through travel in descend mode and not firm enough in climb mode. More pressure fixes the former, but not the latter. Don’t know if thats a feature of the shock or the bike design.

I believe the top tube is a touch longer on the newer models so thats one problem crossed off, and the other may be as much about me being used to efficient power transfer on XC hardtails and road bikes.

Overall, great value bike, happy with my purchase, and no problems with Canyon

Rickos
    Free Member

Money Talks, Bullshit Walks: Seven Trail Bikes around € 3,000 in Review

Spectral in this group test. Current models.

YT Jeffsy 27.5 wins both best in test and best value. But up against Spectral 6 not 7, so you need to ge judge of difference.

LMT
    Free Member

Not got a spectral but had a few canyons, great Bikes and never had an issue with service, my road bike is a canyon, 5 years old never missed a beat. OH has a nerve, full xt kit amazing for the price again no issues, I did have a hardtail I sold on but it was a great bike.

Next bike for road will be a canyon and mtb probably a 29er Neuron.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Got a spectral 29 I need to get bearings done on so I can get it sold.

Really good frame, just too much of a crossover with my other bike for me.

hodgynd
    Free Member

My mate Dave ( pictured ) likes his ..this is him yesterday high above Dentdale.
    His comment was that it was a great bike for the money ..and there is nothing too much that holds him back .

20170930_113943 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anybody got a carbon model? Was reading about a few cracked frames over on pinkbike.

jimmy

I have the 7.0 EX and really like it, especially for the money. Climbs well, descends well, really no issues with Canyon either.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Jimmy Red or Black? Any pics?

tom.nash

Tested one last year for Singletrack and loved it; http://singletrackworld.com/2016/06/reviewed-canyon-spectral-al-8-0-ex/

warpcow
    Free Member

Goldigger – Member
    Anybody got a carbon model? Was reading about a few cracked frames over on pinkbike.

Everyone, and their dog, has a Spectral here in Sweden. Seen a couple of cracked chainstays after not a lot of use, or abuse, on the alu model. Only snapped carbon one I’ve seen was from crash damage. The alu frame is ridiculously light for what it feels capable of, which might not be a good thing long-term.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral Reviews?’ is closed to new replies.