Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Spectral AL owners??
  • Matt_SS_xc

Hi All

Girlfriend is considering a Canyon Spectral AL to replace her Trek EX.

Website says a small, she is 5″7. We are both pretty sure its right but obvious want to make sure!

Any one have any advice?

If there is any one anywhere near the south west who owns either a small or a medium that she could come and sit on that would be truly amazing!

thank you

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium, I’m 5.10 fits nicely, I’m a few miles from Stonehenge if you want to try it for size.

prettygreenparrot

I just got a medium AL 7.0EX, barely ridden it because of excuses like work and family. I used the Canyon sizing machinery to confirm I’d need a medium at 5’10”. It seems ideal. Though given modern riding styles I’d probably be able to ride a small with just a few misgivings.

Small sounds right. Besides, when it eventually arrives you have the chance to exchange it or get a refund.

Just the small local riding I’ve done makes me content that I made a good choice. Looking forward to a long Welsh weekend near the end of the month to confirm.

Innes
    Free Member

I am just under 5′ 10″ and ride medium on Canyon.

I found that doing careful measurements on the Canyon site worked well for me.

KateD
    Free Member

Hi, I bought a Spectral last year so think they may have lengthened the top tube a little since then but I’m 5.7 and ride a medium. it did feel a little tall when I first got it but coming from a smaller bike find the extra room much easier on the climbs. I came from a giant cypher and have improved tons since getting my spectral. Can’t recommend them highly enough! I’m in North Devon if that’s any help.

Hi

As with all the above reply’s i used the bike fit system i’m 5’10” and a medium 2015 Spectral is a good fit and does not feel small. At 5’7″ i recon you would not be able to get the seat low enough on a medium unless you have particularly long legs.

Hope that helps

prettygreenparrot

+1 for what eaglebonesfalconhawk wrote. With the uppydowny post on mine barely out of the frame a shorter person might struggle. Hence my earlier ‘could have gone small’.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

iirc there was a fair bit of forum grumbling about the TT / reach being quite short on the 2014 Spectral.

I’m 5’7″ and bought a medium last year after comparing the reach & stack measurements with my previous bike. Glad I didn’t get a small, as recommended by Canyon, it would have been too cramped.

No idea if the sizing has been revised for 2015 though.

Psplat
    Free Member

Got 2 Canyons Nerves 2015 for me and GF this year, and it is a big worry not being able to try one out beforehand.

I’m 5’8″ and was looking at Canyon Nerve 29er, played with the PPS system ( it is only interested in you leg measurement ) and managed to get it to say medium by retaking measurements until I got one that worked out :-).

Glad I did, the seat is about 3″ out of the frame with the dropper fully extended, and the reach is perfect ( they are a short reach as everyone says ).

Going through the figures for the GF ( 5’6″ looking at Nerve 650b Womens Spec ) and she came up small and is more than very happy with her bike. The saddle is all the way back though with the inline dropper post.

When she 1st got on mine she was worried that she should have gone medium, but thinks she made the correct choice now.

So to me it sounds like your GF is right on the crossover, sorry to be of no help whatsoever :-).

Not a Spectral, but if your at Mayhem this weekend your welcome to have a go.

P.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral AL owners??’ is closed to new replies.