• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jase.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canyon Road bike sizing ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m tempted to get a canyon road bike
    I’m currently riding a giant tcr size ML
    On the canyon website it suggests a M for my size
    H 5/10
    Inside leg 32″
    But the top tube on the ultimate in M is around 550 but on the TCR it’s 570 ish
    So the question
    What size is your bike and how tall are you ?

LS
    Free Member

Without knowing the seat angles etc. of the two frames then it’s not much of a comparison.
    FWIW I ride a 62cm at 6’2″ish but with a short (110mm) stem as I have long legs so need the height, but not all the length.

crazy-legs

Canyon online sizing chart is shit.
    It reckons I need a Medium.

I’m 6’3″ and ride a 61cm S-Works or an XL Canyon Ultimate.
    Both fit perfectly.

mahowlett
    Free Member

I though the sizing was spot on, the the actual sizes are small, I always ride a small (48cm) road bike, their sizing calculator said I needed a 2xs, so I threw a hissy fit, took all the measurements off a couple of my road bikes and compared them to the canyon geometry charts, 2xs was closest, ordered a 2xs Aeroad and the size is perfect…

Jase
    Free Member

I ride a M/L giant cx bike and 56 in road bikes.

Hired a M canyon ultimate in Majorca past 2 years and size was fine.

I’m 5’11 with 32 inside leg

snap
    Free Member

Thanks for all responses
    Jase …as luck would have it I’m off to Majorca in 5weeks , were abouts did you hire the bikes

mossimus
    Free Member

I’m roughly same height and leg as you, ride a medium aeroad.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Going by reach and stack numbers I’d say a M in the Canyon and a slightly longer stem than on the TCR. Or if you have a few spacers under the stem on the TCR then a L.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and ride a large (Canyon Ultimate). It’s perfect.

Have you completed all the measurements on the site and then entered them into the PPS tool? They are quite comprehensive.

Medium sounds about right for a short ar$e.

snap
    Free Member

PPS tool haven’t seen that ,,,,I’ll park my short but large arse down later and check that out
    Thanks

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

🙂 😉

Jase
    Free Member

Hired from Canyon station at the hotel, Club Pollentia Resort, you don’t need to stay at hotel though to use. About 120 euros for the week.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Road bike sizing ?’ is closed to new replies.