Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canyon road bike headset
  • birdy
    Free Member

Evening all,

The integrated headset on my Canyon ultimate road bike has developed a small amount of play. Rather than ordering a new headset directly from Canyon for £60.00 I was hoping to purchase a set of new bearings from a bearing supplier, (although i’m not sure if this is possible due to the unusual size). At present i know that the steerer tube is tapered 1-1/4 to 1-1/2in but dont know the exact dimensions of the bearings. Before i pop them out to look for a serial number does anybody have either

– links to a bearing supplier where I can purchase replacement upper and lower bearings.

or
    – the relevant serial number for the upper and lower bearing

Thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why can’t you just adjust the play out?

birdy
    Free Member

Ive tried that without any success. The top bearing is probably fine. Its more than likely that its just the bottom bearing where the front wheel has thrown up muck from the roads.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Something is up – you should always be able to adjust play out.

Take it apart and diagnose properly or else you may be wasting your money.

birdy
    Free Member

Really, even if the bearings are shot?

chris_db
    Free Member

Strip it down first, then you can confirm the bearings are shot.

Then try the Cane Creek headset finder: http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

C

taxi25
    Free Member

I needed the same bearings for my cf ultimate. Ordering a full h/set from Canyon was the only way. Seems the bearings are specifically made for canyon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No matter how shot the bearings are, you should still be able to adjust the play out – though it may feel rough – which is when you need new bearings.

b45her
    Free Member

get them out, its very very rare for a bearing to be made for a frame, it’s almost always the frame thats designed around the bearings.

birdy
    Free Member

If I manage to find them cheaply available from a bearing supplier I will report back. Although I know that Acros make the headset exclusively for Canyon it would seem strange if the cartridge bearings weren’t available somewhere online.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

there’s an Acros one on ebay if that’s any good.

taxi25
    Free Member

If I manage to find them cheaply available from a bearing supplier I will report back. Although I know that Acros make the headset exclusively for Canyon it would seem strange if the cartridge bearings weren’t available somewhere online.

Good luck with that.
    The one on ebay is what you need.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canyon road bike headset’ is closed to new replies.