Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon or Rose Bikes
  • scratch
    Free Member

Looking for a new road bike, I’m keen on both of these companies tbh.
    Any one heard particularly. bad reviews? Looking for a carbon/Ultegra build for road races / crits etc.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Don’t know much about them but a Canyon was good enough for Phillipe Gilbert to when an Ardennes triple last week.

samuri
    Free Member

I have a Canyon roadlite 6.0

Very happy with mine. Really well put together, the wheels are still absolutely spot on after over a thousands miles (well OK the back one is, the front got a bit squished when it ran into the back of a car). Nice and light, was much cheaper than UK available equivalents and rides plsendidly.

My only criticism is that it took a long time to arrive but they did tell me there would be a long delay up front.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

nearly bought the same bike as samuri, theres links to mag reviews on the site and it was very highly rated, had the best spec for the money (many bikes at that price point have downgraded crankset).

the website tells you when bikes will be in stock. Price is in Euros so has gone up since started looking at start of year and shipping is expensive so factor that in (50 euros? as you pay 15E for their bike box) offensive when I paid 8 euros shipping for a bloody great alpine 160 frame which probably weighs the same from a french shop.

A real roadie geek friend has bought the ~2000Euro carbon road bike, said there was nothing close for the money and he is really pleased with it (happy enough to lend me his bianchi which is why I didnt buy the roadlite).

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bikelab in Poole have a few Rose bikes in at the moment and they look the business. The aluminium ones got good reports in the ‘bike of the year’ poll the other month.

Oggles
    Free Member

Couple of lads I know have them, both carbon. Both look lovely and wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. Prefer the graphics of the Rose though!

scratch
    Free Member

Thought this thread had died a death earlier, many thanks for the responses, Bikelabs not a million miles away, might have to pay a visit nearer the time. Missed the boat for this season but wanted to get a good number of races under my belt before taking the plunge.

Noticed the £35 charge for posting on the Canyon site, looking at a CF8.0 ideally.

Yeah I prefer the Rose graphics, Kysiums vs DT swiss wheels wise, need to have a read up on both soon.

ssnowman
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the road side of things, but I’ve just taken delivery of a Rose Thrill Hill 8 carbon MTB. The build quality & attention to detail is superb.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon or Rose Bikes’ is closed to new replies.