Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Canyon Nerve XC vs Trek Fuel EX 9 — help!
  • rhayter

OK, it’s new bike time.

After doing the usual review-reading and brake squeezing, I was settled on a Trek Fuel EX 9. Sorted geometry, beefed-up headtube and stays/rear drop-outs (I weigh 17st) and decent level of kit.

Then I opened the new What Mountain Bike, read the review of the Canyon Nerve XC and saw the price.

Bloody hell.

Anyone bought/ridden one? My particular concern is sizing. The ‘M’ looks quite tall, despite having a slightly lower BB height.

Your sage opinions would be most welcome.

chojin
    Free Member

The canyon website has what looks like to be a pretty well sorted sizing guide – i.e. you put in your vital statistics and it picks the right size for you… have you tried that?

warpcow
    Free Member

Canyon’s guide is pretty good as long as you’re accurate with your measurements. The medium is roughly equivalent to an 18″ (small is 16″, large is 20″ and so on). I’ve ridden the Nerve AM and XC in this size and they fit me perfectly. I’m 5’11” with a 32″ inside-leg.

I don’t know how they’re set up in the UK, but here in Sweden they have a showroom where you can get a demo. Don’t they also some kind of 30-day no quibble return?

robodan
    Free Member

I ordered a Nerve 7.0 AM a couple of days ago. So hopefully I might be able to give some feedback in the next couple of weeks.

All in all though, great value for money.

Hornet600
    Free Member

look here

Might help

robodan
    Free Member

So, my Nerve AM 7.0 arrived yesterday and took it out for it’s first ride last night.

First impressions are that it’s pretty damn good. The frame is really well finished and the whole package feels great. Although I don’t have much to compare it to because I’ve come from a hard tail to a full suspension.

The whole shipping process from Germany to the UK was incredibly smooth, it’s really well packaged and there’s not much to “build”. Basically fitting the bars, wheels, seat. Putting air in the forks and sticking on your chosen pedals. It even comes with a basic torque wrench, and of course a shock pump.

sefton
    Free Member

lets see some dam pics then 🙄

Holyzeus
    Free Member

warton
    Free Member

I’d be careful of their sizing guide. I bought a road bike of them recently (still waiting for it to be delivered) they reccmeneded a small. I’m 5’11 with qwuite long legs. I did some measuring of my other road bike, and a small would of been tiny for me, so I ordered a medium. A friend has had the same problem

robodan
    Free Member

Pics…

sefton
    Free Member

is that a RH ergonomic chair?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

that looks the nadgers!!

robodan
    Free Member

I tried using the chair downhill. Didn’t really work 😉

andytherocketeer

Anyone got close up pics of the brake and rear mech cables on that Canyon, where they pass under/thru the BB area? Think they do something odd, with a big loop? (maybe they changed the routing since)

Was half contemplating a Nerve XC (or maybe AM).

Not sure I’m liking the balck with white bits though. Would prefer black with black forks, saddle, grips etc. (then it’d match my XC and CX bikes)

stumpy01

Mmmmmmm. That looks well nice.

stuartm555
    Free Member

robodan what size is that and how tall are you?

robodan
    Free Member

It’s a Medium (18.5″), and I’m 5’9. It’s a really good fit for me. Much better than my 17.5″ RockHopper.

streetvw
    Free Member

Anyone got close up pics of the brake and rear mech cables on that Canyon, where they pass under/thru the BB area? Think they do something odd, with a big loop? (maybe they changed the routing since)

Was half contemplating a Nerve XC (or maybe AM).

Not sure I’m liking the balck with white bits though. Would prefer black with black forks, saddle, grips etc. (then it’d match my XC and CX bikes)

here is a shot of how they exit the frame on my XC7

streetvw
    Free Member

heres how they enter the frame

and how they are routed to the front mech (taken after my first ride 😉 )

jackmyster001
    Free Member

hi there guys,

i need some help…
    Im 5″11 and the guide says i should be on a large, but its very borederline… however i rode my dads cube which is 20″ \*a large* and i find its just to big… what size would you guys reccomend and does it feel anyhting like the cube ltd race??? if so il go for meduim… im used to riding a genesis core 10 hardtail so….

cheers!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve XC vs Trek Fuel EX 9 — help!’ is closed to new replies.