Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Canyon Nerve XC Rear Brake Frame To Adaptor Spacers
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Been stupid and dropped some of the parts trying to replace a spacer. Anyone care to enlighten me on whether the rear brake needs a spacer on each adapter leg to the frame or just one please?
    That’ll teach me to take pictures before I start mucking about next time!

mulv1976
    Free Member

What brakes are they?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Avid Elixir 7s.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

There are no spacers on mine (shimano brakes). A 2011.

I suspect youve dropped an avid washer. Sometimes they are conical so help with alignment I think. You should be able to get spares easy enough.

I’m pretty sure you would need to use them in pairs.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

There’s a spacer on the rearmost bit between the post mount on the frame and the adapter the caliper screws into. I’ve shoved one of the spare rubber washers (conical) that came with the washer replacement kit under there just in case. I don’t think I’ll die, but it’s winding me up not knowing what should be there!
    Mate has some X0s on a Nerve AM, but isn’t answering the phone so I may check. Bastard.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Edit

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member
    curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cheers mate, but the spacer I’m talking about is between frame and adapter. There’s one on the side I didn’t remove but I don’t remember seeing one on the side I did.
    That kit was the one I used to replace the plastic washer I crunched being heavy handed during a caliper alignment. I’ve temporarily used one of the conical soft washers in the kit between frame and adapter until I know something’s missing or not for sure.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Oh – my mistake.

I suspect we’ve different frames then – or you’ve got a rotor other than 160?

Mine looks like this: no adapter.

mulv1976
    Free Member

You shouldn’t need a spacer between frame and adaptor – only between the adaptor and caliper?!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

It goes bolt, washers/spacers, calliper, washers/spacers, adapter, washers/spacers, frame post mount on the rearmost side. I’d post a picture but it is a ball ache using the tablet for it.

180mm rotor.

Looks like there may have been a washer between the frame and adapter because the PM on the frame where I replaced the crunched washer is pretty clean on that side. I did wipe it down so I cannot be 100% sure. D’oh!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve XC Rear Brake Frame To Adaptor Spacers’ is closed to new replies.