Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CANYON NERVE SIZING
  • nishwick
    Free Member

Hello, has anyone got a Canyon Nerve in Medium or Large I can sit on for sizing. Not sure I trust a website.

Not so worried about location, as long as it’s UK.

Many thanks.

lucien

Large is 20″ (and you can sit on mine if you like, oooooo er) – they come up larger than most other brands

cspeers
    Free Member

I am 6ft 2″ and I have a large frame. It fits me perfectly. I changed the standard 100mm stem for a 90mm one and it fits even better now.

jimw
    Free Member

I have a Nerve AL 29er in large. I am 6’2″ and the site suggested I was on the cusp of medium/large. Went for the large and it is a good fit. Like cspeers I have changed the stem from 90mm to 75 with wider bars and it seems right so far- only ridden for 5hrs in total.
    Edit:
    two other friends have Canyons and have used the online sizing guide carefully- accurate measurement is vital as I found out, even a cm difference in inside leg measurement cycled from medium to large- and all three of our bikes fit well. I would be happy with their recommendation

stimpy
    Free Member

5’10” here and on a medium Canyon measured using their online PPS system. Fits beautifully.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

PPS seems to make your standover the most important component
    not great if you have short legs long torso. They have an HQ in Kingston now and the nechanic said they’ll be doing demo days soon.

maico
    Free Member

The newer frame designs Nerve 29er and Nerve AL+ have shorter top and seat tubes.

The standard Nerve is bigger.

The AL+ still has decent reach figures though (horizontal bottom bracket to head tube.)

If you look at the Nerve 29er pictures on the website the bikes shown are all size medium and seem short in the cockpit. TT is only 581mm and reach 410mm.
    I’m 179cm tall with inside leg measuring 87cm and went for a large. The on-site calculator said I’m a medium. Increasing inseam to 88cm flipped it onto large. Playing around with different heights made little difference. Chosing large enables me to change the standard 90mm stem to one shorter.
    On the Nerve 26 model I would of stuck to a size medium.

If your using the calculator make sure you actually measure your in-seam correctly.Stand on a hard floor putting a ruler or book under your crutch and get someone else to be the tape measure operative !

medium 29er

large 29er. more balanced look.

andytherocketeer

TypeError: Cannot call method ‘getFrameSizeIDs’ of undefined

^^that’s the size recommended to me for the 29er, even though it’s OOS (edit: the spec/model I looked at, that is)

mrelectric

I was between Med & small on their web site model (which I reckon is good)for my Nerve AM 9 HS 2011 model. Went for the small for more control; no regrets.

robhenry85
    Free Member

6ft2 and a large 2012 nerve am. size spot on!

have a play with the pps coz a cm here and there makes all the difference

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@op- med in Edinburgh here if that’s any good to you. I found the sizing guide fine, but was lucky enough to find one locally to borrow.
    The standard stems are LONG ime so easy room to get it shorter.

Seattubes are long though, think about reverb options vs your legs (eg my med is a perfect size, but a 125 reverb is JUST short enough when jammed in to the frame for my shortish legs).

superfurryhead
    Free Member

Use the PPS and if it’s off your normal size send them an e-mail uk@canyon.com wasn’t sure when it recommended small, replied that my measurements seemed wrong for inseam and if increased by 1cm I’d be medium, tell them previous bike models and sizes to give them more info.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

seat tube is short because of dropper post, add this at full extension to get an idea of true seat tube, i’m 177cm tall and mine is only about an inch above the clamp…

nishwick
    Free Member

A massive thank you to everyone who helped.
    Nish

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CANYON NERVE SIZING’ is closed to new replies.