Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Nerve Bottom Bracket Spacer Question
  • justatheory
    Free Member

I’m replacing the bottom bracket on my Canyon Nerve, which has a shell width of 73mm and an E type front derailleur. I stupidly forgot which side it was on, so referred to Shimano’s instructions. According to Shimano’s tech docs no spacer should be used with this combination but there was definitely one on there before, so now I’m not sure what to do.

Any Canyon Nerve owners or people using this combination that can help? Oh I’m using XT M770 cranks.

mrelectric

I’ve got one on the drive side only on mine now with a new E2 type FR (Shim M985?), but unlike yours this 2×10 RaceFace Next and MRP chain guide though.
    I don’t recall the 3 manuals agreeing so had to firtle the chain guide wheel spacers so chainline might not be optimal.

Not sure if that helps….

postierich
    Free Member

one spacer on drive side Nerve 2012!

justatheory
    Free Member

Cheers mate!

mattjevans
    Free Member

Think the confusion is because Shimano assumes an E-type front mech is mounted using a BB mount plate which replaces the spacer, but the Canyon has a frame-mounted (ie direct mount) E-type mech

I almost bought a D type chain guide for converting my Nerve to 1×10 before I realised it wasnt a D type mech…

Scapegoat

Yep, one spacer drive side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve Bottom Bracket Spacer Question’ is closed to new replies.